Financial Integration and Aggregate Stability
This paper explores a two-country model of capital accumulation with country-specific production externalities. The main concern of our discussion is to investigate equilibrium determinacy (aggregate stability) conditions in a financially integrated world economy. We show that the well-established equilibrium determinacy conditions for the case of small-open economy are still valid if heterogeneity between two countries is small enough. As the technological difference between the countries increases, the equilibrium determinacy conditions may diverge from those for the small country setting.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www2.econ.osaka-u.ac.jp/library/global/e_HP/e_g_shiryo.html|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bosi, Stefano & Seegmuller, Thomas, 2008.
"Can heterogeneous preferences stabilize endogenous fluctuations,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 624-647, February.
- Stefano Bosi & Thomas Seegmuller, 2008. "Can Heterogeneous Preferences Stabilize Endogenous Fluctuations?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00266713, HAL.
- Stefano Bosi & Thomas Seegmuller, 2006. "Can heterogeneous preferences stabilize endogenous fluctuations ?," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques v06082, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Stefano Bosi & Thomas Seegmuller, 2006. "Can heterogeneous preferences stabilize endogenous fluctuations ?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00130200, HAL.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Shimomura, Koji, 2002. "Indeterminacy in a dynamic small open economy," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 271-281, December.
- Mino, Kazuo, 2001. "Indeterminacy and Endogenous Growth with Social Constant Returns," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 203-222, March.
- Roger E. A. Farmer & Amartya Lahiri, 2006.
"Economic Growth in an Interdependent World Economy,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(514), pages 969-990, October.
- Farmer, Roger E A & Lahiri, Amartya, 2002. "Economic Growth in an Interdependent World Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 3250, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yan Zhang, 2008. "Does the Utility Function Form Matter for Indeterminacy in a Two Sector Small Open Economy," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 9(1), pages 91-101, May.
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe & Martin Uribe, 2002.
"Closing Small Open Economy Models,"
NBER Working Papers
9270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe & Martin Uribe, 2001. "Closing Small Open Economy Models," Departmental Working Papers 200115, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Schmitt-Grohé, Stephanie & Uribe, Martín, 2002. "Closing Small Open Economy Models," CEPR Discussion Papers 3096, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jess Benhabib & Qinglai Meng & Kazuo Nishimura, 2000.
"Indeterminacy under Constant Returns to Scale in Multisector Economies,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1541-1548, November.
- Benhabib, J. & Meng, Q. & Nishimura, K., 1999. "Indeterminacy Under Constant Returns to Scale in Multisector Economies," Working Papers 99-17, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Kazuo Nishimura & Alain Venditti & Makoto Yano, 2006.
"Endogenous Fluctuations In Two-Country Models,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 57(4), pages 516-532.
- Koji Shimomura & Kazuo Nishimura, 2001.
"Trade and Indeterminacy in a Dynamic General Equilibrium Model,"
Discussion Paper Series
117, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Shimomura, Koji, 2002. "Trade and Indeterminacy in a Dynamic General Equilibrium Model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 244-260, July.
- Rudolfs Bems, 2008.
"Aggregate Investment Expenditures on Tradable and Nontradable Goods,"
IMF Working Papers
08/45, International Monetary Fund.
- Rudolfs Bems, 2008. "Aggregate Investment Expenditures on Tradable and Nontradable Goods," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 11(4), pages 852-883, October.
- Ghiglino, Christian, 2007. "Trade, redistribution and indeterminacy," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3-4), pages 365-389, April.
- Christian Ghiglino & Marielle Olszak-Duquenne, 2004.
"On the Impact of Heterogeneity on Indeterminacy,"
Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva
2004.09, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
- Bian, Yong & Meng, Qinglai, 2004. "Preferences, endogenous discount rate, and indeterminacy in a small open economy model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 315-322, September.
- Kazuo Nishimura & Alain Venditti & Makoto Yano, 2008. "Macroeconomic volatility and welfare loss under free-trade in two-country models," Working Papers halshs-00281377, HAL.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky & Partha Sen, 1995.
"Investment In A Two-Sector Dependent Economy,"
31, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Turnovsky Stephen J. & Sen Partha, 1995. "Investment in a Two-Sector Dependent Economy," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 29-55, March.
- Heathcote, Jonathan & Perri, Fabrizio, 2002.
"Financial autarky and international business cycles,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 601-627, April.
- Heathcote, Jonathan & Perri, Fabrizio, 1999. "Financial Autarky and International Business Cycles," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 320, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 30 Apr 2000.
- Kazuo Nishimura & Koji Shimomura, 2006. "Indeterminacy in a dynamic two-country model," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 29(2), pages 307-324, October.
- Weder, Mark, 2000.
"Indeterminacy in a Small Open Economy Ramsey Growth Model,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2585, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Weder, Mark, 2001. "Indeterminacy in a Small Open Economy Ramsey Growth Model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 339-356, June.
- Luis Aguiar-Conraria & Yi Wen, 2005.
"Foreign trade and equilibrium indeterminacy,"
2005-041, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Aguiar-Conraria, Luis & Wen, Yi, 2004. "Foreign Trade and Equilibrium Indeterminacy," Working Papers 04-09, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Luís Francisco Aguiar-Conraria & Yi Wen, 2004. "Foreign Trade and Equilibrium Indeterminacy," NIPE Working Papers 5/2004, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Zhang, Yan, 2008. "Does the utility function form matter for indeterminacy in a two sector small open economy?," MPRA Paper 10045, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kazuo Mino, 2008. "Preference Structure and Volatility in a Financially Integrated World," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 08-05, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Bond, Eric W. & Wang, Ping & Yip, Chong K., 1993. "A general two-sector model of endogenous growth with human and physical capital: balanced growth and transitional dynamics," Working Papers 9324, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:osk:wpaper:0901. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Atsuko SUZUKI)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.