Trade and Indeterminacy in a Dynamic General Equilibrium Model
This paper introduces sector-specific externalities in the Heckscher-Ohlin two-country dynamic general equilibrium model to show that indeterminacy of the equilibrium path in the would market can occur. Under certain conditions in terms of factor intensities, there are multiple equilibrium paths from the same initial distribution of capital in the world market, and the distribution of capital in the limit differs among equilibrium paths.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhiqi Chen, 1992. "Long-Run Equilibria in a Dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin Model," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(4), pages 923-43, November.
- Benhabib, J. & Meng, Q. & Nishimura, K., 1999.
"Indeterminacy Under Constant Returns to Scale in Multisector Economies,"
99-17, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Jess Benhabib & Qinglai Meng & Kazuo Nishimura, 2000. "Indeterminacy under Constant Returns to Scale in Multisector Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1541-1548, November.
- M. Yano, 2010.
"The Turnpike of Dynamic General Equilibrium Paths and its Insensitivity to Initial Conditions,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
1394, David K. Levine.
- Yano, Makoto, 1984. "The turnpike of dynamic general equilibrium paths and its insensitivity to initial conditions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 235-254, December.
- Murray C. Kemp & Masayuki Okawa, 1998. "Market Structure and Factor Price Equalization," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 49(3), pages 335-339, 09.
- Bewley, Truman, 1982. "An integration of equilibrium theory and turnpike theory," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2-3), pages 233-267, September.
- Robert A. Becker, 1980. "On the Long-Run Steady State in a Simple Dynamic Model of Equilibrium with Heterogeneous Households," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(2), pages 375-382.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Yano, Makoto, 1993. "Interlinkage in the Endogenous Real Business Cycles of International Economies," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 3(1), pages 151-68, January.
- Epstein, Larry G., 1987. "A simple dynamic general equilibrium model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 68-95, February.
- Benhabib, Jess & Nishimura, Kazuo, 1998.
"Indeterminacy and Sunspots with Constant Returns,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 58-96, July.
- Truman Bewley, 2010. "An Integration of Equilibrium Theory and Turnpike Theory," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1381, David K. Levine.
- Kamihigashi, Takashi, 2001. "Necessity of Transversality Conditions for Infinite Horizon Problems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(4), pages 995-1012, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:105:y:2002:i:1:p:244-260. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.