Trade and Indeterminacy in a Dynamic General Equilibrium Model
This paper introduces sector-specific externalities in the Heckscher-Ohlin two-country dynamic general equilibrium model to show that indeterminacy of the equilibrium path in the would market can occur. Under certain conditions in terms of factor intensities, there are multiple equilibrium paths from the same initial distribution of capital in the world market, and the distribution of capital in the limit differs among equilibrium paths.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 2-1 Rokkodai, Nada, Kobe 657-8501 JAPAN|
Phone: +81-(0)78 803 7036
Fax: +81-(0)78 803 7059
Web page: http://www.rieb.kobe-u.ac.jp/index-e.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Murray C. Kemp & Masayuki Okawa, 1998. "Market Structure and Factor Price Equalization," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 49(3), pages 335-339, 09.
- Bewley, Truman, 1982. "An integration of equilibrium theory and turnpike theory," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2-3), pages 233-267, September.
- Kamihigashi, Takashi, 2001. "Necessity of Transversality Conditions for Infinite Horizon Problems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(4), pages 995-1012, July.
- Zhiqi Chen, 1992. "Long-Run Equilibria in a Dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin Model," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(4), pages 923-43, November.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Yano, Makoto, 1993. "Interlinkage in the Endogenous Real Business Cycles of International Economies," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 3(1), pages 151-68, January.
- Epstein, Larry G., 1987. "A simple dynamic general equilibrium model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 68-95, February.
- Jess Benhabib & Qinglai Meng & Kazuo Nishimura, 2000.
"Indeterminacy under Constant Returns to Scale in Multisector Economies,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1541-1548, November.
- Benhabib, J. & Meng, Q. & Nishimura, K., 1999. "Indeterminacy Under Constant Returns to Scale in Multisector Economies," Working Papers 99-17, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Yano, Makoto, 1984.
"The turnpike of dynamic general equilibrium paths and its insensitivity to initial conditions,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 235-254, December.
- M. Yano, 2010. "The Turnpike of Dynamic General Equilibrium Paths and its Insensitivity to Initial Conditions," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1394, David K. Levine.
- Benhabib, Jess & Nishimura, Kazuo, 1996.
"Indeterminancy and Sunspots with Constant Returns,"
96-44, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Truman Bewley, 2010. "An Integration of Equilibrium Theory and Turnpike Theory," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1381, David K. Levine.
- Robert A. Becker, 1980. "On the Long-Run Steady State in a Simple Dynamic Model of Equilibrium with Heterogeneous Households," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(2), pages 375-382.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kob:dpaper:117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Office of Promoting Research Collaboration, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.