Equilibrium dynamics in an aggregative model of capital accumulation with heterogeneous agents and elastic labor
The paper extends the canonical representative agent Ramsey model to include heterogeneous agents and elastic labor supply. The welfare maximization problem is analyzed and shown to be equivalent to a non-stationary reduced form model. An iterative procedure is exploited to prove the supermodularity of the indirect utility function. Supermodularity is subsequently used to establish the convergence of optimal paths.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- DURAN, Jorge & LE VAN, Cuong, 2000.
"A simple proof of existence of equilibrium in a one sector growth model with bounded or unbounded returns from below,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2000050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Dur n, Jorge & Le Van, Cuong, 2003. "Simple Proof Of Existence Of Equilibrium In A One-Sector Growth Model With Bounded Or Unbounded Returns From Below," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 317-332, June.
- Jorge Duran & Cuong Le Van, 2003. "Simple Proof of Existence of Equilibrium in a One-Sector Growth Model with Bounded or Unbounded Returns from below," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00119082, HAL.
- Duran, Jorge & Le Van, Cuong, 2000. "A simple proof of existence of equilibrium in a one sector growth modelp with bounded or unbounded returns from below," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2000025, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Becker, Robert A. & Foias, Ciprian, 1987. "A characterization of Ramsey equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 173-184, February.
- Le Van, Cuong & Morhaim, Lisa, 2002.
"Optimal Growth Models with Bounded or Unbounded Returns: A Unifying Approach,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 158-187, July.
- Le Van, C. & Morhaim, L., 2000. "Optimal Growth Models with Bounded or Unbounded Returns : a Unifying Approach," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 2000.64, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- LE VAN, Cuong & MORHAIM, Lisa, 2001. "Optimal growth models with bounded or unbounded returns: a unifying approach," CORE Discussion Papers 2001034, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680, July.
- Cuong LE VAN & Yiannis VALAKIS, 2001.
"Existence of a competitive equilibrium in one sector growth model with heterogeneous agents and irreversible investment,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
2001018, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Cuong Le Van & Yiannis Vailakis, 2003. "Existence of a competitive equilibrium in a one sector growth model with heterogeneous agents and irreversible investment," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 743-771, November.
- Dechert, W. Davis & Nishimura, Kazuo, 1983. "A complete characterization of optimal growth paths in an aggregated model with a non-concave production function," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 332-354, December.
- Sorger, Gerhard, 1994. "On the Structure of Ramsey Equilibrium: Cycles, Indeterminacy, and Sunspots," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 4(5), pages 745-64, August.
- Coles, Jeffrey Link, 1985. "Equilibrium Turnpike Theory with Constant Returns to Scale and Possible Heterogeneous Discount Factors," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 26(3), pages 671-79, October.
- Manjira Datta & Leonard J. Mirman & Olivier F. Morand & Kevin L. Reffett, 2005.
"Markovian Equilibrium in Infinite Horizon Economies with Incomplete Markets and Public Policy,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
05-013/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Datta, Manjira & Mirman, Leonard J. & Morand, Olivier F. & Reffett, Kevin L., 2005. "Markovian equilibrium in infinite horizon economies with incomplete markets and public policy," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(4-5), pages 505-544, August.
- Truman Bewley, 2010. "An Integration of Equilibrium Theory and Turnpike Theory," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1381, David K. Levine.
- Robert A. Becker, 1980. "On the Long-Run Steady State in a Simple Dynamic Model of Equilibrium with Heterogeneous Households," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(2), pages 375-382.
- Becker, Robert A & Foias, Ciprian, 1994.
"The Local Bifurcation of Ramsey Equilibrium,"
Springer, vol. 4(5), pages 719-44, August.
- Mitra, Tapan, 1979. "On Optimal Economic Growth with Variable Discount Rates: Existence and Stability Results," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 20(1), pages 133-45, February.
- Bewley, Truman, 1982. "An integration of equilibrium theory and turnpike theory," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2-3), pages 233-267, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:43:y:2007:i:3-4:p:287-317. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.