Optimal growth models with bounded or unbounded returns: a unifying approach
In this paper we propose a unifying approach to study optimal growth models with bounded or unbounded returns (above/below). We prove existence of optimal solutions. We prove also, without using contraction method, that the Value function is the unique solution to the Bellman equation in some classes of functions. The value function can be obtained by the usual algorithm defined by the operator provided by the Bellman equation. The well-known results, and those in Alvarez and Stokey (1998) can be obtained from this paper.
|Date of creation:||00 Aug 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jorge DurÂn, 2000.
"On dynamic programming with unbounded returns,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 15(2), pages 339-352.
- Duran, Jorge, 1997. "On dynamic programming with unbounded returns," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9710, CEPREMAP.
- Duran, Jorge, 1997. "On Dynamic Programming with Unbounded Returns," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1997033, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Van, Cuong Le, 1991.
"Optimal growth and Pareto optimality,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 155-180.
- Streufert, Peter A., 1992. "An abstract topological approach to dynamic programming," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 59-88.
- Alvarez, Fernando & Stokey, Nancy L., 1998. "Dynamic Programming with Homogeneous Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 167-189, September.
- Peter A. Streufert, 1990. "Stationary Recursive Utility and Dynamic Programming under the Assumption of Biconvergence," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(1), pages 79-97.
- Boud, John III, 1990. "Recursive utility and the Ramsey problem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 326-345, April.
- Becker, Robert A & Boyd, John H, III & Foias, Ciprian, 1991. "The Existence of Ramsey Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 441-60, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2001034. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.