Optimal Growth Models with Bounded or Unbounded Returns: A Unifying Approach
In this paper we propose a unifying approach to study optimal growth models with bounded or unbounded returns (above/below). We prove existence of optimal solutions. We prove also, without using contraction method, that the Value function is the unique solution to the Bellman equation in some classes of functions. The value function can be obtained by the usual algorithm defined by the operator provided by the Bellman equation. The well-known results, and those in Alvarez and Stokey (1998) can be obtained from this paper.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Becker, Robert A & Boyd, John H, III & Foias, Ciprian, 1991. "The Existence of Ramsey Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 441-60, March.
- Alvarez, Fernando & Stokey, Nancy L., 1998. "Dynamic Programming with Homogeneous Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 167-189, September.
- Duran, Jorge, 1997.
"On Dynamic Programming with Unbounded Returns,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
1997033, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Peter A. Streufert, 1990. "Stationary Recursive Utility and Dynamic Programming under the Assumption of Biconvergence," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(1), pages 79-97.
- Boud, John III, 1990. "Recursive utility and the Ramsey problem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 326-345, April.
- Dana Rose-anne & Le Van Cuong, 1987.
"Optimal growth and pareto-optimality,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- Streufert, Peter A., 1992. "An abstract topological approach to dynamic programming," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 59-88.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:105:y:2002:i:1:p:158-187. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.