Simple Proof Of Existence Of Equilibrium In A One-Sector Growth Model With Bounded Or Unbounded Returns From Below
We analyze a Ramsey economy in which gross investment is constrained to be nonnegative. We prove the existence of a competitive equilibrium for the case in which utility need not be bounded from below and the Inada-type conditions need not hold. The analysis is carried out by means of a direct and technically standard approach. This direct approach allows us to obtain detailed results concerning properties of competitive equilibria, and is easily adapted for the analysis of analogous models often found in macroeconomics.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 7 (2003)
Issue (Month): 03 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cambridge University Press, UPH, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 8BS UK|
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_MDY
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peleg, Bezalel & Yaari, Menahem E, 1970. "Markets with Countably Many Commodities," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(3), pages 369-77, October.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Border, Kim C. & Burkinshaw, Owen, 1997. "New Proof Of The Existence Of Equilibrium In A Single-Sector Growth Model," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(04), pages 669-679, December.
- Amir, Rabah, 1996.
"Sensitivity analysis of multisector optimal economic dynamics,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 123-141.
- Amir, R., . "Sensitivity analysis of multisector optimal economic dynamics," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1192, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Amir, R., 1991. "Sensitivity analysis of multi-sector optimal economic dynamics," CORE Discussion Papers 1991006, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bewley, Truman F., 1972. "Existence of equilibria in economies with infinitely many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 514-540, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:macdyn:v:7:y:2003:i:03:p:317-332_02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.