The Lagrange multipliers and existence of competitive equilibrium in an intertemporal model with endogenous leisure
This paper proves the existence of competitive equilibrium in a single sector dynamic economy with elastic labor supply. The method of proof relies on some recent results (see Le Van and Saglam ) concerning the existence of Lagrange multipliers in infinite dimensional spaces and their representation as a summable sequence.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 01 44 07 81 00
Fax: 01 44 07 81 09
Web page: http://mse.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peleg, Bezalel & Yaari, Menahem E, 1970. "Markets with Countably Many Commodities," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(3), pages 369-77, October.
- LE VAN, Cuong & SAGLAM, Cagri, 2003.
"Optimal growth models and the Lagrange multiplier,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2003083, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cuong Le Van & H. Cagri Saglam, 2004. "Optimal growth models and the Lagrange multiplier," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00118996, HAL.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1986. "The Price Equilibrium Existence Problem in Topological Vector Lattice s," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1039-53, September.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Gregory W. Huffman, 1993.
"On the existence of nonoptimal equilibria in dynamic stochastic economies,"
9330, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Greenwood Jeremy & Huffman Gregory W., 1995. "On the Existence of Nonoptimal Equilibria in Dynamic Stochastic Economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 611-623, April.
- Florenzano, Monique, 1983.
"On the existence of equilibria in economies with an infinite dimensional commodity space,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 207-219, December.
- Florenzano Monique, 1982. "On the existence of equilibria in economies with an infinite dimensional commodity space," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8217, CEPREMAP.
- Datta, Manjira & Mirman, Leonard J. & Reffett, Kevin L., 2002.
"Existence and Uniqueness of Equilibrium in Distorted Dynamic Economies with Capital and Labor,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 377-410, April.
- Manjira Datta & Leonard Mirman & Kevin Reffett, . "Existence and Uniqueness of Equilibrium in Distorted Dynamic Economies with Capital and Labor," Working Papers 2132846, Department of Economics, W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University.
- Cuong LE VAN & Yiannis VALAKIS, 2001.
"Existence of a competitive equilibrium in one sector growth model with heterogeneous agents and irreversible investment,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
2001018, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Cuong Le Van & Yiannis Vailakis, 2003. "Existence of a competitive equilibrium in a one sector growth model with heterogeneous agents and irreversible investment," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 743-771, November.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Zame, William R., 1991. "Equilibrium theory in infinite dimensional spaces," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 34, pages 1835-1898 Elsevier.
- Coleman, Wilbur II, 1997. "Equilibria in Distorted Infinite-Horizon Economies with Capital and Labor," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 446-461, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:wpsorb:b05041. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.