Optimal growth models and the Lagrange multiplier
We provide sufficient conditions on the objective functional and the constraint functions under which the Lagrangean can be represented by a L exp.1 sequence of multipliers in infinite horizon discrete time optimal growth models.
|Date of creation:||00 Nov 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/416 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Border, Kim C. & Burkinshaw, Owen, 1997. "New Proof Of The Existence Of Equilibrium In A Single-Sector Growth Model," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(04), pages 669-679, December.
- Le Van, C. & Morhaim, L., 2000.
"Optimal Growth Models with Bounded or Unbounded Returns : a Unifying Approach,"
Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications
2000.64, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Le Van, Cuong & Morhaim, Lisa, 2002. "Optimal Growth Models with Bounded or Unbounded Returns: A Unifying Approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 158-187, July.
- LE VAN, Cuong & MORHAIM, Lisa, 2001. "Optimal growth models with bounded or unbounded returns: a unifying approach," CORE Discussion Papers 2001034, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Majumdar, Mukul, 1972. "Some general theorems on efficiency prices with an infinite-dimensional commodity space," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 1-13, August.
- Dechert, W. Davis & Nishimura, Kazuo, 1983. "A complete characterization of optimal growth paths in an aggregated model with a non-concave production function," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 332-354, December.
- Dana Rose-anne & Le Van Cuong, 1987.
"Optimal growth and pareto-optimality,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- Bewley, Truman F., 1972. "Existence of equilibria in economies with infinitely many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 514-540, June.
- McKenzie, Lionel W., 2005. "Optimal economic growth, turnpike theorems and comparative dynamics," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: K. J. Arrow & M.D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 2, volume 3, chapter 26, pages 1281-1355 Elsevier.
- Rustichini, A., 1998. "Lagrange multipliers in incentive-constrained problems," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 365-380, May.
- Jorge DurÂn, 2000.
"On dynamic programming with unbounded returns,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 15(2), pages 339-352.
- Duran, Jorge, 1997. "On dynamic programming with unbounded returns," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9710, CEPREMAP.
- Duran, Jorge, 1997. "On Dynamic Programming with Unbounded Returns," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1997033, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Alvarez, Fernando & Stokey, Nancy L., 1998. "Dynamic Programming with Homogeneous Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 167-189, September.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13605 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dechert, W. D., 1982. "Lagrange multipliers in infinite horizon discrete time optimal control models," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 285-302, March.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1973. "Duality Theory for Infinite Horizon Convex Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(7), pages 783-789, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2003083. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.