The Incentive to Declare Taxes and Tax Revenue: The Lottery Receipt Experiment in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Horioka, Charles Yuji & Sekita, Shizuka, 2007. "Tax reform in Japan: The case of personal taxes," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 380-392, August.
- Frank A. Cowell, 1990. "Cheating the Government: The Economics of Evasion," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262532484, July.
- James Andreoni & Brian Erard & Jonathan Feinstein, 1998. "Tax Compliance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(2), pages 818-860, June.
- Papke, Leslie E., 1994.
"Tax policy and urban development : Evidence from the Indiana enterprise zone program,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 37-49, May.
- Leslie E. Papke, 1991. "Tax Policy and Urban Development: Evidence From The Indiana Enterprise Zone Program," NBER Working Papers 3945, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher Bajada & Friedrich Schneider, 2005. "The Shadow Economies Of The Asia-Pacific," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 379-401, October.
- Heckman, J.J. & Hotz, V.J., 1988.
"Choosing Among Alternative Nonexperimental Methods For Estimating The Impact Of Social Programs: The Case Of Manpower Training,"
University of Chicago - Economics Research Center
88-12, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- James J. Heckman, 1989. "Choosing Among Alternative Nonexperimental Methods for Estimating the Impact of Social Programs: The Case of Manpower Training," NBER Working Papers 2861, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Morgan, 2000. "Financing Public Goods by Means of Lotteries," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(4), pages 761-784.
- Allingham, Michael G. & Sandmo, Agnar, 1972. "Income tax evasion: a theoretical analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 323-338, November.
- Alm, James & Bahl, Roy & Murray, Matthew N, 1991. "Tax Base Erosion in Developing Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(4), pages 849-872, July.
- Crane, Steven E & Nourzad, Farrokh, 1994. "An Empirical Analysis of Factors That Distinguish Those Who Evade on Their Tax Return from Those Who Choose Not to File a Return," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 49(Supplemen), pages 106-116.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carla Marchese, 2007. "A Chinese Recipe for Curbing the Evasion of Commodity Taxes?," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 5(3), pages 38-42, October.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:5:y:2007:i:3:p:14567334 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordstax evasion; business tax; lottery receipt experiment; random trend (growth) model;
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2006-09-03 (China)
- NEP-EXP-2006-09-03 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-FMK-2006-09-03 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-PBE-2006-09-03 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2006-09-03 (Public Finance)
- NEP-SEA-2006-09-03 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2006-09-03 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2006-09-03 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:osk:wpaper:0625. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Atsuko SUZUKI). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feosujp.html .