Comparison of monetary policy effects on lending channel in EMU and non-EMU countries: Evidence from period 1999-2012
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ilian Mihov, 2001. "Monetary policy implementation and transmission in the European Monetary Union," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 16(33), pages 369-406, October.
- Gambacorta, Leonardo, 2005. "Inside the bank lending channel," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(7), pages 1737-1759, October.
- Bernanke, Ben S & Blinder, Alan S, 1992.
"The Federal Funds Rate and the Channels of Monetary Transmission,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 901-921, September.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Alan S. Blinder, 1989. "The federal funds rate and the channels of monetary transmission," Working Papers 89-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Ben Bernanke, 1990. "The Federal Funds Rate and the Channels of Monetary Transnission," NBER Working Papers 3487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kishan, Ruby P. & Opiela, Timothy P., 2006. "Bank capital and loan asymmetry in the transmission of monetary policy," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 259-285, January.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Ferreira, Candida & Williams, Jonathan, 2007. "Analysing the determinants of performance of best and worst European banks: A mixed logit approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 2189-2203, July.
- Jeremy C. Stein & Anil K. Kashyap, 2000. "What Do a Million Observations on Banks Say about the Transmission of Monetary Policy?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(3), pages 407-428, June.
- Drudi, Francesco & Durré, Alain & Mongelli, Francesco Paolo, 2012.
"The interplay of economic reforms and monetary policy: the case of the euro area,"
Working Paper Series
1467, European Central Bank.
- A. Durre & F. Drudi & F.P. Mongelli, 2012. "The interplay of economic reforms and monetary policy: the case of the euro area," Post-Print hal-00787189, HAL.
- Peek, Joe & Rosengren, Eric, 1995.
"The Capital Crunch: Neither a Borrower nor a Lender Be,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(3), pages 625-638, August.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1991. "The capital crunch: neither a borrower nor a lender be," Working Papers 91-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Joe Peek & Eric Rosengren, 1993. "The Capital Crunch: Neither A Borrower Nor A Lender Be," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 243, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bernanke, Ben S & Blinder, Alan S, 1988. "Credit, Money, and Aggregate Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 435-439, May.
- Michael Arghyrou, 2009.
"Monetary policy before and after the euro: evidence from Greece,"
Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 621-643, June.
- Arghyrou, Michael G, 2006. "Monetary policy before and after the euro: Evidence from Greece," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2006/26, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Paolo Surico, 2007. "The Monetary Policy of the European Central Bank," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 109(1), pages 115-135, March.
- Bleich, Dirk & Fendel, Ralf, 2012. "Monetary Policy Conditions in Spain Before and After the Changeover to the Euro: A Taylor Rule Based Assessment," Review of Applied Economics, Lincoln University, Department of Financial and Business Systems, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-17, February.
- Domenech, Rafael & Ledo, Mayte & Taguas, David, 2002.
"Some new results on interest rate rules in EMU and in the US,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 431-446.
- Rafael Domenech & Mayte Ledo & David Taguas, 2000. "Some new results on interest rate rules in EMU and in the US," Working Papers 0002, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Berger, Allen N., 2003. "The efficiency effects of a single market for financial services in Europe," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 150(3), pages 466-481, November.
- Bernd Hayo & Boris Hofmann, 2006.
"Comparing monetary policy reaction functions: ECB versus Bundesbank,"
Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 645-662, September.
- Bernd Hayo & Boris Hofmann, 2004. "Comparing Monetary Policy Reaction Functions: ECB versus Bundesbank," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 3, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Bernd Hayo & Boris Hofmann, 2005. "Comparing Monetary Policy Reaction Functions: ECB versus Bundesbank," Marburg Working Papers on Economics 200502, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Bernd Hayo & Boris Hofmann, 2005. "Comparing Monetary Policy Reaction Functions: ECB versus Bundesbank," Macroeconomics 0504032, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paolo Surico, 2003. "Asymmetric Reaction Functions for the Euro Area," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 44-57.
- Francesco Drudi & Alain Durré & Francesco Paolo Mongelli, 2012. "The Interplay of Economic Reforms and Monetary Policy: The Case of the Eurozone," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(6), pages 881-898, November.
- Volker Clausen & Bernd Hayo, 2002.
"Monetary Policy in the Euro Area - Lessons from the First Years,"
0205006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Clausen, Volker & Hayo, Bernd, 2002. "Monetary policy in the Euro area: Lessons from the first years," ZEI Working Papers B 09-2002, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Hayo, Bernd & Volker Clausen, 2003. "Monetary Policy in the Euro Area - Lessons from the First Years," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 103, Royal Economic Society.
- Kishan, Ruby P & Opiela, Timothy P, 2000. "Bank Size, Bank Capital, and the Bank Lending Channel," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(1), pages 121-141, February.
- Gambacorta, Leonardo & Mistrulli, Paolo Emilio, 2004. "Does bank capital affect lending behavior?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 436-457, October.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Solanko, Laura & Weill, Laurent, 2014. "Does competition influence the bank lending channel in the euro area?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 356-366.
- Gerlach, Stefan & Schnabel, Gert, 2000.
"The Taylor rule and interest rates in the EMU area,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 165-171, May.
- Gerlach, Stefan & Schnabel, Gert, 1999. "The Taylor Rule and Interest Rates in the EMU Area," CEPR Discussion Papers 2271, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matousek, Roman & Sarantis, Nicholas, 2009. "The bank lending channel and monetary transmission in Central and Eastern European countries," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 321-334, June.
- Tsionas, Efthymios G. & Assaf, A. George & Matousek, Roman, 2015. "Dynamic technical and allocative efficiencies in European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 130-139.
- Akinci, Dervis Ahmet & Matousek, Roman & Radić, Nemanja & Stewart, Chris, 2013. "Monetary policy and the banking sector in Turkey," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 269-285.
- Altunbas, Yener & Fazylov, Otabek & Molyneux, Philip, 2002. "Evidence on the bank lending channel in Europe," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 2093-2110, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:10-22 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsmonetary policy; bank landing channel; EMU countries; non-EMU countries; GMM;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2015-03-22 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2015-03-22 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2015-03-22 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2015-03-22 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:opa:wpaper:0003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Jančar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/opfslcz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.