AQM – The Austrian Quarterly Model of the Oesterreichische Nationalbank
The modelling strategy of the Austrian Quarterly Model (AQM) is in the tradition of the ”neoclassical synthesis”, a combination of Keynesian short-run analysis and neoclassical long-run analysis. The short run dynamics are based on empirical evidence, the long run relationships are derived from a neoclassical optimization framework. Adjustment processes to the real equilibrium are sluggish. Imperfections on goods and labour markets typically prevent the economy to adjust instantaneously to the long run equilibrium. In the current version of the AQM the formation of expectations is strictly backward looking. The relatively small scale of the model keeps the structure simple enough for projection and simulation purposes while incorporating a suffciently detailed structure to capture the main characteristics of the Austrian economy. The main behavioural equations are estimated using the two-step Engle-Granger technique. The AQM constitutes the Austrian block of the ESCB multi-country model (MCM).
|Date of creation:||28 Sep 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 61, A-1011 Vienna, Austria|
Phone: +43/1/404 20 7205
Fax: +43/1/404 20 7299
Web page: http://www.oenb.at/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Oesterreichische Nationalbank, Economic Studies Division, c/o Beate Hofbauer-Berlakovich, POB 61, A-1011 Vienna, Austria|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Angelini, Elena & Boissay, Frédéric & Ciccarelli, Matteo, 2006. "The Dutch block of the ESCB multi-country model," Working Paper Series 0646, European Central Bank.
- Fagan, Gabriel & Henry, Jérôme & Mestre, Ricardo, 2001. "An area-wide model (AWM) for the euro area," Working Paper Series 0042, European Central Bank.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987.
"Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015. "Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- McAdam, Peter & Willman, Alpo, 2004. "Production, supply and factor shares: an application to estimating German long-run supply," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 191-215, March.
- Kenneth D. West, 1993. "Inventory Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0143, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:onb:oenbwp:104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Knell and Helmut Stix)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.