Remittances and asset accumulation in Bangladesh: A study using generalized propensity score
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Torero, Máximo & Viceisza, Angelino, 2015.
"To remit, or not to remit: that is the question. A remittance field experiment,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 221-236.
- Torero, Maximo & Viceisza, Angelino, 2014. "To remit, or not to remit: that is the question. A remittance field experiment," MPRA Paper 61786, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdulnasser Hatemi-J & Gazi Salah Uddin, 2014. "On the causal nexus of remittances and poverty reduction in Bangladesh," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(4), pages 374-382, February.
- Simone Bertoli & Francesca Marchetta, 2014.
"Migration, Remittances and Poverty in Ecuador,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(8), pages 1067-1089, August.
- Simone BERTOLI & Francesca MARCHETTA, 2014. "Migration, remittances and poverty in Ecuador," Working Papers 201407, CERDI.
- Simone Bertoli & Francesca Marchetta, 2015. "Migration, remittances and poverty in Ecuador," Working Papers halshs-00964332, HAL.
- Simone Bertoli & Francesca Marchetta, 2014. "Migration, Remittances and Poverty in Ecuador," Post-Print halshs-01058134, HAL.
- Eliana V. Jimenez-Soto & Richard P. C. Brown, 2012. "Assessing the Poverty Impacts of Migrants’ Remittances Using Propensity Score Matching: The Case of Tonga," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(282), pages 425-439, September.
- Pablo Acosta, 2011. "School Attendance, Child Labour, and Remittances from International Migration in El Salvador," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(6), pages 913-936.
- Agnes Quisumbing & Scott McNiven, 2010. "Moving Forward, Looking Back: the Impact of Migration and Remittances on Assets, Consumption, and Credit Constraints in the Rural Philippines," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(1), pages 91-113.
- Bia, Michela & Flores, Carlos A. & Flores-Lagunes, Alfonso & Mattei, Alessandra, 2014.
"A Stata package for the application of semiparametric estimators of dose-response functions,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 14(3).
- Michela Bia & Carlos A. Flores & Alfonso Flores-Lagunes & Alessandra Mattei, 2014. "A Stata package for the application of semiparametric estimators of dose–response functions," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 14(3), pages 580-604, September.
- BIA Michela & FLORES Carlos A. & FLORES-LAGUNES Alfonso & MATTEI Alessandra, 2013. "A Stata package for the application of semiparametric estimators of dose-response functions," LISER Working Paper Series 2013-07, LISER.
- Mehdi Chowdhury*, 2015. "Households’ characteristics and the modes of remittances in Bangladesh," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 49(4), pages 167-195, October-D.
- Cox-Edwards, Alejandra & Rodríguez-Oreggia, Eduardo, 2009. "Remittances and Labor Force Participation in Mexico: An Analysis Using Propensity Score Matching," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1004-1014, May.
- Michela Bia & Alessandra Mattei, 2012. "Assessing the effect of the amount of financial aids to Piedmont firms using the generalized propensity score," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 21(4), pages 485-516, November.
- Ibrahim Sirkeci & Jeffrey H. Cohen & Dilip Ratha, 2012. "Migration and Remittances during the Global Financial Crisis and Beyond," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13092, September.
- Junaid Ahmed & Mazhar Mughal & Stephan Klasen, 2018.
"Great Expectations? Remittances and Asset Accumulation in Pakistan,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(3), pages 507-532, April.
- Junaid Ahmed & Mazhar Yasin Mughal, 2015. "Great Expectations? Remittances and Asset Accumulation in Pakistan," Working Papers hal-01885145, HAL.
- Mazhar Yasin MUGHAL & Junaid AHMED, 2015. "Great Expectations? Remittances and Asset Accumulation in Pakistan," Working Papers 2014-2015_6, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Jan 2015.
- Mamta B. Chowdhury & Fazle Rabbi, 2014. "Workers' remittances and Dutch Disease in Bangladesh," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(4), pages 455-475, June.
- Rapoport, Hillel & Docquier, Frederic, 2006. "The Economics of Migrants' Remittances," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Filiz Garip, 2014. "The Impact of Migration and Remittances on Wealth Accumulation and Distribution in Rural Thailand," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(2), pages 673-698, April.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 2002.
"Propensity Score-Matching Methods For Nonexperimental Causal Studies,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 151-161, February.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 1998. "Propensity Score Matching Methods for Non-experimental Causal Studies," NBER Working Papers 6829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Serrano-Domingo, Guadalupe & Requena-Silvente, Francisco, 2013. "Re-examining the migration–trade link using province data: An application of the generalized propensity score," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 247-261.
- Carlos A. Flores & Alfonso Flores-Lagunes & Arturo Gonzalez & Todd C. Neumann, 2012. "Estimating the Effects of Length of Exposure to Instruction in a Training Program: The Case of Job Corps," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 94(1), pages 153-171, February.
- Guardabascio, Barbara & Ventura, Marco, 2014.
"Estimating the dose–response function through a generalized linear model approach,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 14(1).
- Barbara Guardabascio & Marco Ventura, 2014. "Estimating the dose–response function through a generalized linear model approach," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 14(1), pages 141-158, March.
More about this item
KeywordsRemittances; Bangladesh; Assets; Generalized Propensity Score;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2018-04-23 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:not:notcre:18/05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilary Hughes). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cenotuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.