School Attendance, Child Labour, and Remittances from International Migration in El Salvador
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefano Paternostro & Anand Rajaram & Erwin R. Tiongson, 2007.
"How Does the Composition of Public Spending Matter?,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 47-82.
- Paternostro, Stefano & Rajaram, Anand & Tiongson, Erwin R., 2005. "How does the composition of public spending matter?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3555, The World Bank.
- Jayne, T. S. & Govereh, J. & Mwanaumo, A. & Nyoro, J. K. & Chapoto, A., 2002. "False Promise or False Premise? The Experience of Food and Input Market Reform in Eastern and Southern Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1967-1985, November.
- Jung, Hong-Sang & Thorbecke, Erik, 2003. "The impact of public education expenditure on human capital, growth, and poverty in Tanzania and Zambia: a general equilibrium approach," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 701-725, November.
- Dominique van de Walle, 2003.
"Are Returns to Investment Lower for the Poor? Human and Physical Capital Interactions in Rural Vietnam,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(4), pages 636-653, November.
- van de Walle, Dominique, 2000. "Are returns to investment lower for the poor? Human and physical capital interactions in rural Viet Nam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2425, The World Bank.
- Lopez, Ramon & Galinato, Gregmar I., 2007. "Should governments stop subsidies to private goods? Evidence from rural Latin America," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(5-6), pages 1071-1094, June.
- Teferra, Mengistu, 2002. "Power sector reforms in Ethiopia: options for promoting local investments in rural electrification," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11-12), pages 967-975, September.
- Wolde-Ghiorgis, W., 2002. "Renewable energy for rural development in Ethiopia: the case for new energy policies and institutional reform," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11-12), pages 1095-1105, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Botezat, Alina & Pfeiffer, Friedhelm, 2014.
"The Impact of Parents Migration on the Well-being of Children Left Behind: Initial Evidence from Romania,"
IZA Discussion Papers
8225, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Botezat, Alina & Pfeiffer, Friedhelm, 2014. "The impact of parents migration on the well-being of children left behind: Initial evidence from Romania," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-029, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Francisca Antman, 2012.
"Gender, educational attainment, and the impact of parental migration on children left behind,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 25(4), pages 1187-1214, October.
- Antman, Francisca M., 2012. "Gender, Educational Attainment, and the Impact of Parental Migration on Children Left Behind," IZA Discussion Papers 6640, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Simone Bertoli & Francesca Marchetta, 2014.
"Migration, Remittances and Poverty in Ecuador,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(8), pages 1067-1089, August.
- Simone BERTOLI & Francesca MARCHETTA, 2014. "Migration, remittances and poverty in Ecuador," Working Papers 201407, CERDI.
- Simone Bertoli & Francesca Marchetta, 2015. "Migration, remittances and poverty in Ecuador," Working Papers halshs-00964332, HAL.
- Simone Bertoli & Francesca Marchetta, 2014. "Migration, Remittances and Poverty in Ecuador," Post-Print halshs-01058134, HAL.
- Masamune Iwasawa & Mitsuo Inada & Seiichi Fukui, 2014. "How Migrant Heterogeneity Influences the Effect of Remittances on Educational Expenditure:Empirical Evidence from the Cambodian Socio-Economic Survey," KIER Working Papers 898, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Beyene, Berhe Mekonnen, 2012. "The Effects of International Remittances on Poverty and Inequality in Ethiopia," Memorandum 13/2012, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Francisca M. Antman, 2013. "The impact of migration on family left behind," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Migration, chapter 16, pages 293-308 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:spr:jopoec:v:30:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s00148-017-0641-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarma, Vengadeshvaran J. & Parinduri, Rasyad A., 2016.
"What happens to children's education when their parents emigrate? Evidence from Sri Lanka,"
International Journal of Educational Development,
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 94-102.
- Sarma, Vengadeshvaran & Parinduri, Rasyad, 2013. "What happen to children's education when their parents emigrate? Evidence from Sri Lanka," MPRA Paper 52278, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Köllner, Sebastian, 2013. "Remittances and educational attainment: Evidence from Tajikistan," Discussion Paper Series 124, Julius Maximilian University of Würzburg, Chair of Economic Order and Social Policy.
- Davis, Jason & Brazil, Noli, 2016. "Disentangling fathers’ absences from household remittances in international migration: The case of educational attainment in Guatemala," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1-11.
- Javier Baez & German Caruso & Valerie Mueller & Chiyu Niu, 2017. "Droughts augment youth migration in Northern Latin America and the Caribbean," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 140(3), pages 423-435, February.
- Antman, Francisca M., 2018. "Women and Migration," IZA Discussion Papers 11282, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alem, Yonas & Maurel, Mathilde & Millock, Katrin, 2016. "Migration as an Adaptation Strategy to Weather Variability: An Instrumental Variables Probit Analysis," Working Papers in Economics 665, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Koska, Onur A. & Saygin, Perihan Özge & Çağatay, Selim & Artal-Tur, Andrés, 2013.
"International migration, remittances, and the human capital formation of Egyptian children,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 38-50.
- Koska, Onur A. & Saygin, Perihan O. & Cagatay, Selim & Artal-Tur, Andres, 2013. "International Migration, Remittances, and the Human Capital Formation of Egyptian Children," MPRA Paper 68193, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amy Damon & Devon Kristiansen, 2014. "Childhood obesity in Mexico: the effect of international migration," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(6), pages 711-727, November.
- Bargain, Olivier & Boutin, Delphine, 2014. "Remittances and Child Labour in Africa: Evidence from Burkina Faso," IZA Discussion Papers 8007, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:eee:chieco:v:46:y:2017:i:s:p:s77-s101 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:injoed:v:55:y:2017:i:c:p:11-16 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adelman,Melissa Ann & Szekely,Miguel, 2016. "School dropout in Central America : an overview of trends, causes, consequences, and promising interventions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7561, The World Bank.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Sherif Maher Hassan & Ribal Abi Raad, 2017. "Causes and Impacts of Remittances: Household Survey Evidence from Egypt," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201737, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:47:y:2011:i:6:p:913-936. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .