A Quantal Response Model of Firm Competition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sims, Christopher A., 2005. "Rational inattention: a research agenda," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2005,34, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Shaikh, Anwar, 1980. "Marxian Competition versus Perfect Competition: Further Comments on the So-Called Choice of Technique," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 75-83, March.
- Michael J. Mazzeo, 2002. "Product Choice and Oligopoly Market Structure," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(2), pages 221-242, Summer.
- Antonella Tutino & Anton Cheremukhin, 2012.
"Asymmetric Firm Dynamics under Rational Inattention,"
2012 Meeting Papers
161, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Cheremukhin, Anton A. & Tutino, Antonella, 2014. "Asymmetric firm dynamics under rational inattention," Working Papers 1411, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F & Reiss, Peter C, 1991. "Entry and Competition in Concentrated Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 977-1009, October.
- Richard Mckelvey & Thomas Palfrey, 1998.
"Quantal Response Equilibria for Extensive Form Games,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 1(1), pages 9-41, June.
- McKelvey, Richard D. & Palfrey, Thomas R., 1995. "Quantal Response Equilibria for Extensive Form Games," Working Papers 947, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Berry, Steven T, 1992. "Estimation of a Model of Entry in the Airline Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 889-917, July.
- Sims, Christopher A., 2003. "Implications of rational inattention," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 665-690, April.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Peter C. Reiss, 1990. "Entry in Monopoly Market," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(4), pages 531-553.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Angelo Secchi, 2003.
"Common Properties and Sectoral Specificities in the Dynamics of U.S. Manufacturing Companies,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 23(3_4), pages 217-232, December.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Angelo Secchi, 2003. "Common Properties and Sectoral Specificities in the Dynamics of U.S. Manufacturing Companies," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 23(3), pages 217-232, December.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Angelo Secchi, 2006. "Explaining the distribution of firm growth rates," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(2), pages 235-256, June.
- James W. Bono & David H. Wolpert, 2009. "Statistical prediction of the outcome of a noncooperative game," Working Papers 2009-20, American University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel L. McFadden, 1976. "Quantal Choice Analaysis: A Survey," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 363-390 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven T. Berry, 1994. "Estimating Discrete-Choice Models of Product Differentiation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(2), pages 242-262, Summer.
- Katja Seim, 2006. "An empirical model of firm entry with endogenous product‐type choices," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(3), pages 619-640, September.
- Alfarano, Simone & Milaković, Mishael & Irle, Albrecht & Kauschke, Jonas, 2012.
"A statistical equilibrium model of competitive firms,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 136-149.
- Irle, Albrecht & Milaković, Mishael & Alfarano, Simone & Kauschke, Jonas, 2008. "A Statistical Equilibrium Model of Competitive Firms," Economics Working Papers 2008-10, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Christopher A. Sims, 2006. "Rational Inattention: Beyond the Linear-Quadratic Case," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 158-163, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Williams, Michael A. & Baek, Grace & Park, Leslie Y. & Zhao, Wei, 2016. "Global evidence on the distribution of economic profit rates," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 458(C), pages 356-363.
More about this item
KeywordsFirm competition; Laplace distribution; Gibbs sampler; pro t rate; statistical equilibrium; rational inattention; information theory; quantal response;
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- E10 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - General
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2015-04-11 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ECM-2015-04-11 (Econometrics)
- NEP-MAC-2015-04-11 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:new:wpaper:1507. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Setterfield). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/denewus.html .