Entrepreneurial Finance and the Flat-World Hypothesis: Evidence from Crowd-Funding Entrepreneurs in the Arts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1993.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-598.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," NBER Working Papers 3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," Papers 14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Blum, Bernardo S. & Goldfarb, Avi, 2006. "Does the internet defy the law of gravity?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 384-405, December.
- Austin Nichols, 2003. "VINCENTY: Stata module to calculate distances on the Earth's surface," Statistical Software Components S456815, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 16 Feb 2007.
- Chris Forman & Anindya Ghose & Avi Goldfarb, 2009. "Competition Between Local and Electronic Markets: How the Benefit of Buying Online Depends on Where You Live," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(1), pages 47-57, January.
- Partridge Mark D. & Rickman Dan S & Ali Kamar & Olfert M. Rose, 2008. "Employment Growth in the American Urban Hierarchy: Long Live Distance," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-38, March.
- Horrace, William C. & Oaxaca, Ronald L., 2006. "Results on the bias and inconsistency of ordinary least squares for the linear probability model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 321-327, March.
- Matthew A. Zook, 2002. "Grounded capital: venture financing and the geography of the Internet industry, 1994--2000," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 151-177, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Othmar M. Lehner, 2013. "Crowdfunding social ventures: a model and research agenda," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 289-311, October.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:141:y:2019:i:c:p:85-97 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wessel, Michael & Thies, Ferdinand & Benlian, Alexander, 2015. "The Effects of Relinquishing Control in Platform Ecosystems: Implications from a Policy Change on Kickstarter," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 75205, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Alin-Cristian Joiţa & Floarea Năstase, 2014. "Seeding Phase Software Architecture Model For Virtual Business Incubators," Romanian Economic Business Review, Romanian-American University, vol. 8(2), pages 474-487, December.
- Isabelle Calme & Stéphane Onnée & Eric-Alain Zoukoua, 2016. "La foule : un nouvel acteur dans l’accompagnement à la création d’entreprises," Post-Print hal-01712712, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurial nance; crowd-funding; internet; family and friends; local bias; social networks;
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- L17 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Open Source Products and Markets
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENT-2010-10-09 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-GEO-2010-10-09 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PPM-2010-10-09 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-SBM-2010-10-09 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:net:wpaper:1008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Economides). General contact details of provider: http://www.NETinst.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.