The State of the North American and Japanese Motor Vehicle Industries: A Partially Calibrated Model to Examine the Impacts of Trade Policy Changes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1984. "Trade warfare: Tariffs and cartels," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 227-242, May.
- Richard E. Baldwin & Paul Krugman, 1986. "Market Access and International Competition: A Simulation Study of 16K Random Access Memories," NBER Working Papers 1936, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fuss,Melvyn A. & Waverman,Leonard, 1992. "Costs and Productivity in Automobile Production," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521341417, May.
- Fuss, Melvyn & Waverman, Leonard, 1990. "The extent and sources of cost and efficiency differences between U.S. and Japanese motor vehicle producers," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 219-256, September.
- Richard G. Harris, 1989. "The New Protectionism Revisited," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 22(4), pages 751-778, November.
- Sven W. Arndt & J. David Richardson, 1987. "Real-Financial Linkages Among Open Economies," NBER Working Papers 2230, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Krugman, 1986. "Pricing to Market when the Exchange Rate Changes," NBER Working Papers 1926, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard C. Marston, 1990. "Price Behavior in Japanese and U.S. Manufacturing," NBER Working Papers 3364, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven Berry & Vittorio Grilli & F. Lopez-de-Silanes, 1992. "The Automobile Industry and The Mexico-Us Free Trade Agreement," NBER Working Papers 4152, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Levinsohn, 1988. "Empirics of Taxes on Differentiated Products: The Case of Tariffs in the U.S. Automobile Industry," NBER Chapters,in: Trade Policy Issues and Empirical Analysis, pages 9-44 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Swagel, Phillip, 2000.
"Union behavior, industry rents, and optimal policies,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 925-947, August.
- Phillip Swagel, 1993. "Union behavior, industry rents, and optimal policies," International Finance Discussion Papers 459, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Phillip L Swagel, 1996. "Union Behavior, Industry Rents, and Optimal Policies," IMF Working Papers 96/143, International Monetary Fund.
- Douglas Nelson, 1996.
"The Political Economy of U.S. Automobile Protection,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Political Economy of American Trade Policy, pages 133-196
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas R. Nelson, 1994. "The Political-Economy of U.S. Automobile Protection," NBER Working Papers 4746, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Levinsohn & Steven Berry & Ariel Pakes, 1999. "Voluntary Export Restraints on Automobiles: Evaluating a Trade Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 400-430, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:4225. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .