Search Engines and Data Retention: Implications for Privacy and Antitrust
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lesley Chiou & Catherine Tucker, 2012. "How Does the Use of Trademarks by Third-Party Sellers Affect Online Search?," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(5), pages 819-837, September.
- Amalia R. Miller & Catherine Tucker, 2009.
"Privacy Protection and Technology Diffusion: The Case of Electronic Medical Records,"
INFORMS, vol. 55(7), pages 1077-1093, July.
- Catherine Tucker & Amalia Miller, 2007. "Privacy Protection and Technology Diffusion: The Case of Electronic Medical Records," Working Papers 07-16, NET Institute, revised Sep 2007.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2004.
"How Much Should We Trust Differences-In-Differences Estimates?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 249-275.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2002. "How Much Should We Trust Differences-in-Differences Estimates?," NBER Working Papers 8841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maximilian Schäfer & Geza Sapi & Szabolcs Lorincz, 2018.
"The Effect of Big Data on Recommendation Quality: The Example of Internet Search,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1730, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Schaefer, Maximilian & Sapi, Geza & Lorincz, Szabolcs, 2018. "The effect of big data on recommendation quality: The example of internet search," DICE Discussion Papers 284, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Maryam Farboodi & Roxana Mihet & Thomas Philippon & Laura Veldkamp, 2019.
"Big Data and Firm Dynamics,"
AEA Papers and Proceedings,
American Economic Association, vol. 109, pages 38-42, May.
- Farboodi, Maryam & Mihet, Roxana & Philippon, Thomas & Veldkamp, Laura, 2019. "Big Data and Firm Dynamics," CEPR Discussion Papers 13489, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maryam Farboodi & Roxana Mihet & Thomas Philippon & Laura Veldkamp, 2019. "Big Data and Firm Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 25515, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Koski, Heli & Kässi, Otto & Braesemann, Fabian, 2020. "Killers on the Road of Emerging Start-ups – Implications for Market Entry and Venture Capital Financing," ETLA Working Papers 81, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- David Bounie & Antoine Dubus & Patrick Waelbroeck, 2018. "Selling Strategic Information in Digital Competitive Markets," Working Papers hal-01794886, HAL.
- David Bounie & Antoine Dubus & Patrick Waelbroeck, 2018. "Selling Strategic Information in Digital Competitive Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 7078, CESifo.
- Kesler, Reinhold & Kummer, Michael E. & Schulte, Patrick, 2019. "Competition and privacy in online markets: Evidence from the mobile app industry," ZEW Discussion Papers 19-064, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Calvano, Emilio & Polo, Michele, 2020. "Market Power, Competition and Innovation in digital markets: a survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 14314, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jörg Claussen & Christian Peukert & Ananya Sen, 2019. "The Editor vs. the Algorithm: Returns to Data and Externalities in Online News," CESifo Working Paper Series 8012, CESifo.
- Ekaterina Prytkova & Simone Vannuccini, 2020. "On the Basis of Brain: Neural-Network-Inspired Change in General Purpose Chips," SPRU Working Paper Series 2020-01, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
More about this item
- K21 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Antitrust Law
- K24 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Cyber Law
- K40 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2017-10-01 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ICT-2017-10-01 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-LAW-2017-10-01 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:23815. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.