The Governance and Performance of Research Universities: Evidence from Europe and the U.S
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:55:y:1961:i:02:p:345-357_12 is not listed on IDEAS
- André Sapir & Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Caroline Hoxby & Andreu Mas-Colell, 2007.
"Why reform Europe's universities,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/8100, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Caroline Hoxby & Andreu Mas-Colell & André Sapir, 2008. "Why reform Europe's universities," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/101651, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Caroline Hoxby & Andreu Mas-Colell & André Sapir, 2007. "Why Reform Europe's Universities?," Policy Briefs 34, Bruegel.
- Hall, B. & Jaffe, A. & Trajtenberg, M., 2001.
"The NBER Patent Citations Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools,"
2001-29, Tel Aviv.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 2001. "The NBER Patent Citation Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools," NBER Working Papers 8498, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hall, Bronwyn H & Jaffe, Adam B & Trajtenberg, Manuel, 2001. "The NBER Patent Citations Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools," CEPR Discussion Papers 3094, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- James D. Adams, 2002.
"Comparative localization of academic and industrial spillovers,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 2(3), pages 253-278, July.
- James D. Adams, 2001. "Comparative Localization of Academic and Industrial Spillovers," NBER Working Papers 8292, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manfred M. Fischer & Attila Varga, 2003. "Spatial knowledge spillovers and university research: Evidence from Austria," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 37(2), pages 303-322, May.
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-970, December.
- Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Caroline Hoxby & Andreu Mas-Colell & André Sapir, .
"Higher aspirations: an agenda for reforming European universities,"
Bruegel, number 1.
- André Sapir & Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Andreu Mas-Colell, 2008. "Higher aspirations: An agenda for reforming European universities," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/174284, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Thursby, Jerry & Fuller, Anne W. & Thursby, Marie, 2009.
"US faculty patenting: Inside and outside the university,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 14-25, February.
- Jerry Thursby & Anne Fuller & Marie Thursby, 2007. "US Faculty Patenting: Inside and Outside the University," NBER Working Papers 13256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:67:y:1973:i:03:p:889-905_14 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:60:y:1966:i:02:p:366-373_12 is not listed on IDEAS
- A. Abigail Payne, 2003.
"The Effects of Congressional Appropriation Committee Membership on the Distribution of Federal Research Funding to Universities,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 41(2), pages 325-345, April.
- A Abigail Payne, 2001. "The Effects of Congressional Appropriation Committee Membership on the Distribution of Federal Research Funding to Universities," Public Economics 0111003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reinhilde Veugelers (ed.), 2009. "The Evaluation of the Finnish National Innovation System - Full Report," Books, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, number 495.
- Bolli, Thomas & Somogyi, Frank, 2011. "Do competitively acquired funds induce universities to increase productivity?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 136-147, February.
- De Fraja, Gianni & Valbonesi, Paola, 2012.
"The design of the university system,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 317-330.
- De Fraja, Gianni & Valbonesi, Paola, 2008. "The Design of the University System," CEPR Discussion Papers 7038, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gianni De Fraja & Paola Valbonesi, 2009. "The Design of the University System," Discussion Papers in Economics 09/19, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Conti, Annamaria & Gaule, Patrick, 2011.
"Is the US outperforming Europe in university technology licensing? A new perspective on the European Paradox,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 123-135, February.
- Annamaria Conti & Patrick Gaulé, 2010. "Is the US Outperforming Europe in University Technology Licensing? A New Perspective on the European Paradox," DRUID Working Papers 10-04, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Marisa Hidalgo Hidalgo & Guadalupe Valera Blanes, 2013. "University merging process," Working Papers. Serie AD 2013-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Hidalgo-Hidalgo Marisa & Valera Guadalupe, 2016.
"University Merging Process: A Guideline Proposal for Excellence-Enhancing,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 16(3), pages 1359-1386, September.
- Marisa Hidalgo-Hidalgo & Guadalupe Valera, 2016. "University merging process: a guideline proposal for excellence-enhancing," Working Papers 16.08, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Jorge Niosi, 2010. "Building National and Regional Innovation Systems," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14006.
- Philip G. Altbach & Jamil Salmi, 2011.
"The Road to Academic Excellence : The Making of World-Class Research Universities
[El camino hacia la excelencia académica : la constitución de universidades de investigación de rango mundial]," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2357, November.
- Ana Hidalgo & Amparo Castelló-Climent, 2010.
"Quality and Quantity of Education in the Process of Development,"
2010 Meeting Papers
238, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hidalgo-Cabrillana, Ana & Castelló-Climent, Amparo, 2010. "Quality and quantity of education in the process of development," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1020, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Antonelli, Cristiano & Fassio, Claudio, 2012. "University-industry relations and the evolution of knowledge governance. the italian evidence in the first part of the xx century," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201212, University of Turin.
- Elise S. Brezis, 2018. "Is Brain Drain passé? The Optimal Timing of Migration," Working Papers 2018-02, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Castelló-Climent, Amparo & Hidalgo-Cabrillana, Ana, 2012.
"The role of educational quality and quantity in the process of economic development,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 391-409.
- Amparo Castelló-Climent & Ana Hidalgo-Cabrillana, 2011. "The Role of Educational Quality and Quantity in the Process of Economic Development," CEP Discussion Papers dp1087, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Millot, Benoit, 2015. "International rankings: Universities vs. higher education systems," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 156-165.
- World Bank, 2012. "Benchmarking the Governance of Tertiary Education Systems," World Bank Other Operational Studies 21588, The World Bank.
- Bolli, Thomas & Olivares, Maria & Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Daraio, Cinzia & Aracil, Adela Garcia & Lepori, Benedetto, 2016. "The differential effects of competitive funding on the production frontier and the efficiency of universities," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 91-104.
More about this item
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-04-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2009-04-13 (Business Economics)
- NEP-EDU-2009-04-13 (Education)
- NEP-EEC-2009-04-13 (European Economics)
- NEP-INO-2009-04-13 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2009-04-13 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-LAM-2009-04-13 (Central & South America)
- NEP-SOG-2009-04-13 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:14851. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.