Institutions, Competition, and Capital Market Integration in Japan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tetsuji Okazaki & Michiru Sawada, 2006. "Effects of a bank consolidation promotion policy: Evaluating Bank Law in 1927 Japan," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-400, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- James, John A., 1976. "The Development of the National Money Market, 1893-1911," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(04), pages 878-897, December.
- Mark Carlson & Kris James Mitchener, 2009.
"Branch Banking as a Device for Discipline: Competition and Bank Survivorship during the Great Depression,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 117(2), pages 165-210, April.
- Mark Carlson & Kris James Mitchener, 2007. "Branch Banking as a Device for Discipline: Competition and Bank Survivorship During the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 12938, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stigler, George J & Sherwin, Robert A, 1985.
"The Extent of the Market,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(3), pages 555-585, October.
- George J. Stigler & Robert A. Sherwin, 1983. "The Extent of the Market," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 31, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Levine, Ross, 2005. "Finance and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 865-934 Elsevier.
- Rousseau, Peter L., 1999. "Finance, investment, and growth in Meiji-era Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 185-198, April.
- Michael D. Bordo & Barry Eichengreen & Douglas A. Irwin, 1999. "Is Globalization Today Really Different than Globalization a Hunderd Years Ago?," NBER Working Papers 7195, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kris James Mitchener & Mari Ohnuki, 2007. "Capital Market Integration in Japan," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 25(2), pages 129-154, November.
- Daniel M. Bernhofen & John C. Brown, 2004. "A Direct Test of the Theory of Comparative Advantage: The Case of Japan," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(1), pages 48-67, February.
- Rockoff, Hugh, 1977. "Regional interest rates and bank failures, 1870-1914," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 90-95, January.
- Howard Bodenhorn & Hugh Rockoff, 1992. "Regional Interest Rates in Antebellum America," NBER Chapters,in: Strategic Factors in Nineteenth Century American Economic History: A Volume to Honor Robert W. Fogel, pages 159-187 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel M. Bernhofen & John C. Brown, 2005. "An Empirical Assessment of the Comparative Advantage Gains from Trade: Evidence from Japan," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(1), pages 208-225, March.
- Lewis, Kenneth A. & Yamamura, Kozo, 1971. "Industrialization and interregional interest rate structure the Japanese case: 1889-1925," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 473-499.
- James, John A, 1976. "Banking Market Structure, Risk, and the Pattern of Local Interest Rates in the United States, 1893-1911," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(4), pages 453-462, November.
- Kris James Mitchener & nd Mari Ohnuki, 2007. "Capital Market Integration In Japan," IMES Discussion Paper Series 07-E-17, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1984. "Mortgage Interest Rates in the Populist Era," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 995-1015, December.
- Snowden, Kenneth A., 1987. "Mortgage Rates and American Capital Market Development in the Late Nineteenth Century," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 47(03), pages 671-691, September.
- Bodenhorn, Howard, 2002. "State Banking in Early America: A New Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195147766.
- George J. Stigler, 1967. "Imperfections in the Capital Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 287-287.
- Good, David F., 1977. "Financial Integration in Late Nineteenth-Century Austria," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(04), pages 890-910, December.
- John A. James & David F. Weiman, 2007. "The Political Economy of the US Monetary Union: The Civil War Era as a Watershed," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 271-275, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nabi, Mahmoud Sami & Suliman, Mohamed Osman, 2011. "Credit rationing, interest rates and capital accumulation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2719-2729.
More about this item
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- N15 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Asia including Middle East
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-06-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2008-06-27 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-REG-2008-06-27 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:14090. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.