Capital Market Integration in Japan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Luigi Guiso & Tullio Jappelli & Mario Padula & Marco Pagano, 2004.
"Financial market integration and economic growth in the EU,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 19(40), pages 523-577, October.
- Guiso, Luigi & Jappelli, Tullio & Padula, Mario & Pagano, Marco, 2004. "Financial Market Integration and Economic Growth in the EU," CEPR Discussion Papers 4395, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luigi Guiso & Tullio Jappelli & Mario Padula & Marco Pagano, 2004. "Financial Market Integration and Economic Growth in the EU," CSEF Working Papers 118, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- James, John A., 1976. "The Development of the National Money Market, 1893-1911," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(04), pages 878-897, December.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Schwert, G William, 2002.
"Tests for Unit Roots: A Monte Carlo Investigation,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 5-17, January.
- Levine, Ross, 2005. "Finance and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 865-934 Elsevier.
- Yamamura, Kozo, 1967. "The Role of the Samurai in the Development of Modern Banking in Japan," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 198-220, June.
- Rousseau, Peter L., 1999. "Finance, investment, and growth in Meiji-era Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 185-198, April.
- Bernard, Andrew B & Durlauf, Steven N, 1995. "Convergence in International Output," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 97-108, April-Jun.
- Okazaki, Tetsuji & Sawada, Michiru, 2007. "Effects of a bank consolidation promotion policy: evaluating the 1927 Bank Law in Japan," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 29-61, April.
- Rockoff, Hugh, 1977. "Regional interest rates and bank failures, 1870-1914," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 90-95, January.
- Landon-Lane, John & Rockoff, Hugh, 2007. "The origin and diffusion of shocks to regional interest rates in the United States, 1880-2002," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 487-500, July.
- Michiru Sawada & Tetsuji Okazaki, 2004.
"Effects of Bank Consolidation Promotion Policy: Evaluating the Bank Law in 1927 Japan,"
CIRJE-F-307, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Tetsuji Okazaki & Michiru Sawada, 2004. "Effects of bank consolidation promotion policy: Evaluating the Bank Law in 1927 Japan," Discussion papers 04004, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Lewis, Kenneth A. & Yamamura, Kozo, 1971. "Industrialization and interregional interest rate structure the Japanese case: 1889-1925," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 473-499.
- Stanton, Richard, 1997. " A Nonparametric Model of Term Structure Dynamics and the Market Price of Interest Rate Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 1973-2002, December.
- George J. Stigler, 1967. "Imperfections in the Capital Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 287-287.
- Good, David F., 1977. "Financial Integration in Late Nineteenth-Century Austria," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(04), pages 890-910, December.
- Bodenhorn, Howard, 1992. "Capital Mobility and Financial Integration in Antebellum America," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(03), pages 585-610, September.
- John Elder & Peter E. Kennedy, 2001. "Testing for Unit Roots: What Should Students Be Taught?," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(2), pages 137-146, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kris J. Mitchener & Mari Ohnuki, 2008. "Institutions, Competition, and Capital Market Integration in Japan," NBER Working Papers 14090, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wolfgang Keller & Carol H. Shiue & Xin Wang, 2018. "Capital Markets and Grain Prices: Assessing the Storage Approach," NBER Working Papers 24388, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kris James Mitchener & Mari Ohnuki, 2008. "Institutions, Competition, and Capital Market Integration in Japan," IMES Discussion Paper Series 08-E-12, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial market development; Capital market integration; Economic integration; Japanese banks;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- N25 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Asia including Middle East
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ime:imemes:v:25:y:2007:i:2:p:129-154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kinken). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imegvjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.