Mortgage Rates and American Capital Market Development in the Late Nineteenth Century
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Temin, 1971. "The Beginning of the Depression in Germany," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 24(2), pages 240-248, May.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1984. "Central bank cooperation under the interwar gold standard," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 64-87, January.
- Eichengreen, Barry J., 1981. "A dynamic model of tariffs, output and employment under flexible exchange rates," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 341-359, August.
- Peden, G C, 1980. "Keynes, the Treasury and Unemployment in the Later Nineteen-Thirties," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 1-18, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kris J. Mitchener & Mari Ohnuki, 2008. "Institutions, Competition, and Capital Market Integration in Japan," NBER Working Papers 14090, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- World Bank, 2005. "China : Integration of National Product and Factor Markets, Economic Benefits and Policy Recommendations," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8690, The World Bank.
- Cortes, Gustavo S. & Marcondes, Renato L. & Diaz, Maria Dolores M., 2014.
"Mortgages for machinery: credit and industrial investment in pre-World War I Brazil,"
Financial History Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(02), pages 191-212, August.
- Gustavo S. Cortes & Renato L. Marcondes & Maria Dolores M. Diaz, 2011. "Beyond Banks and Stocks: A Study of Industrial Mortgages for the City of São Paulo, Brazil (1866-1914)," Working Papers 09-2011, Universidade de São Paulo, Faculdade de Economia, Administração e Contabilidade de Ribeirão Preto.
- Michael R. Haines & Allen C. Goodman, 1991. "A Home of One's Own: Aging and Homeownership in the United States in the late Nineteenth and Early Twentieth Centuries," NBER Historical Working Papers 0021, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eugene White, 1998. "Were banks special intermediaries in late nineteenth century America?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 13-32.
- Gendreau, Brian C., 1999. "Risk Structure of Postbellum U.S. Deposit Rates," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 409-427, October.
- Howard Bodenhorn, 2016.
"Two Centuries of Finance and Growth in the United States, 1790-1980,"
- Howard Bodenhorn, 2016. "Two Centuries of Finance and Growth in the United States, 1790-1980," NBER Working Papers 22652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph P. Kaboski & Trevon D. Logan, 2011.
"Factor Endowments and the Returns to Skill: New Evidence from the American Past,"
Journal of Human Capital,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(2), pages 111-152.
- Joseph Kaboski & Trevon D. Logan, 2007. "Factor Endowments and the Returns to Skill: New Evidence from the American Past," NBER Working Papers 13589, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Landon-Lane & Hugh Rockoff, 2004. "Monetary Policy and Regional Interest Rates in the United States, 1880-2002," NBER Working Papers 10924, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Richard S. & Imai, Masami, 2008. "The evolution of a national banking market in pre-war Japan," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Hugh Rockoff, 2003. "Prodigals and Projecture: An Economic History of Usury Laws in the United States from Colonial Times to 1900," NBER Working Papers 9742, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua L. Rosenbloom, 1994. "Employer Recruitment and the Integration of Industrial Labor Markets 1870-1914," NBER Historical Working Papers 0053, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jechis:v:47:y:1987:i:03:p:671-691_04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEH .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.