Beyond Banks and Stocks: A Study of Industrial Mortgages for the City of São Paulo, Brazil (1866-1914)
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cortes, Gustavo S. & Marcondes, Renato L. & Diaz, Maria Dolores M., 2014. "Mortgages for machinery: credit and industrial investment in pre-World War I Brazil," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(02), pages 191-212, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Colin M. Lewis, 1999. "Industry and Industrialisation: what has been accomplished, what needs to be done," Anais do III Congresso Brasileiro de História Econômica e 4ª Conferência Internacional de História de Empresas [Proceedings of the 3rd Brazilian Congress of Economic History and the 4th International 035, ABPHE - Associação Brasileira de Pesquisadores em História Econômica (Brazilian Economic History Society).
- Stone, Irving, 1977. "British Direct and Portfolio Investment in Latin America Before 1914," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(03), pages 690-722, September.
- Musacchio,Aldo, 2015. "Experiments in Financial Democracy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107514782, March.
- Haber, Stephen H., 1991. "Industrial Concentration and the Capital Markets: A Comparative Study of Brazil, Mexico, and the United States, 1830–1930," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 51(03), pages 559-580, September.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1984. "Mortgage Interest Rates in the Populist Era," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 995-1015, December.
- Cull, Robert & Davis, Lance E. & Lamoreaux, Naomi R. & Rosenthal, Jean-Laurent, 2006.
"Historical financing of small- and medium-size enterprises,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 3017-3042, November.
- Robert Cull & Lance E. Davis & Naomi R. Lamoreaux & Jean-Laurent Rosenthal, 2005. "Historical Financing of Small- and Medium-Sized Enterprises," NBER Working Papers 11695, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Snowden, Kenneth A., 1987. "Mortgage Rates and American Capital Market Development in the Late Nineteenth Century," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 47(03), pages 671-691, September.
More about this item
Keywordscrédito hipotecário; indústria; mercados nanceiros;
- N26 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- N66 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- N86 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - Latin America; Caribbean
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2011-10-22 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-HIS-2011-10-22 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fea:wpaper:09-2011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruno Vizona Liberato). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fruspbr.html .