Differential Paths of Financial Development: Evidence from New World Economies
In: Understanding Long-Run Economic Growth: Geography, Institutions, and the Knowledge Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maurer, Noel & Gomberg, Andrei, 2004.
"When the State is Untrustworthy: Public Finance and Private Banking in Porfirian Mexico,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 64(04), pages 1087-1107, December.
- Noel Maurer & Andrei Gomberg, 2004. "When the State is Untrustworthy: Public Finance and Private Banking in Porfirian Mexico," Working Papers 0402, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Bordo, Michael D. & Rousseau, Peter L., 2006.
"Legal-political factors and the historical evolution of the finance-growth link,"
European Review of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 421-444, December.
- Michael D. Bordo & Peter L. Rousseau, 2006. "Legal-Political Factors and the Historical Evolution of the Finance-Growth Link," NBER Working Papers 12035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rockoff, Hugh, 1974. "The Free Banking Era: A Reexamination," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 141-167, May.
- Bordo, Michael D. & Rockoff, Hugh & Redish, Angela, 1994. "The U.S. Banking System From a Northern Exposure: Stability versus Efficiency," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 54(02), pages 325-341, June.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Eugene N. White, 1994. "The Origins of Federal Deposit Insurance," NBER Chapters,in: The Regulated Economy: A Historical Approach to Political Economy, pages 145-188 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bodenhorn, Howard, 2002. "State Banking in Early America: A New Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195147766.
- Bodenhorn, Howard, 1993. "The Business Cycle and Entry into Early American Banking," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(3), pages 531-535, August.
- Bodenhorn, Howard, 1990. "Entry, Rivalry and Free Banking in Antebellum America," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(4), pages 682-686, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:11996. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.