Optimal exchange rate regimes: Turning Mundell-Fleming's dictum on its head
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Amartya Lahiri & Rajesh Singh & Carlos A. Vegh, 2007. "Optimal Exchange Rate Regimes: Turning Mundell-Fleming's Dictum on its Head," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 54(3), pages 249-270, September.
- Lahiri, Amartya & Singh, Rajesh & Vegh, Carlos, 2007. "Optimal Exchange Rate Regimes: Turning Mundell-Fleming's Dictum on Its Head," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12816, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lahiri, Amartya & Singh, Rajesh & Vegh, Carlos, 2007.
"Segmented asset markets and optimal exchange rate regimes,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 1-21, May.
- Singh, Rajesh & Lahiri, Amartya & Vegh, Carlos A, 2007. "Segmented Asset Markets and Optimal Exchange Rate Regimes," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11446, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Amartya Lahiri & Rajesh Singh & Carlos A. Vegh, 2007. "Segmented Asset Markets and Optimal Exchange Rate Regimes," NBER Working Papers 13154, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen Ching & Michael B. Devereux, 2003.
"Mundell Revisited: a Simple Approach to the Costs and Benefits of a Single Currency Area,"
Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(4), pages 674-691, September.
- Stephen Ching & Michael B. Devereux, 2000. "Mundell Revisited: A simple approach to the Costs and Benefits of a Single Currency Area," Working Papers 092000, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1982. "Interest rates and currency prices in a two-country world," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 335-359.
- Luis Felipe Céspedes & Roberto Chang & Andrés Velasco, 2004. "Balance Sheets and Exchange Rate Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(4), pages 1183-1193, September.
- Rajesh Singh & Amartya Lahiri & Carlos Vegh, 2004.
"Optimal Monetary Policy under Asset Market Segmentation,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings
643, Econometric Society.
- Rajesh Singh & Carlos Vegh & Amartya Lahiri, 2007. "Optimal Monetary Policy under Asset Market Segmentation," 2007 Meeting Papers 943, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- repec:rus:hseeco:124089 is not listed on IDEAS
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2000. "Extensive Margins and the Demand for Money at Low Interest Rates," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(5), pages 961-991, October.
- Leslie Lipschitz, 1978. "Exchange Rate Policies for Developing Countries: Some Simple Arguments for Intervention (Les politiques de taux de change et les pays en voie de dÃ©veloppement: quelques arguments simples en faveur de," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 25(4), pages 650-675, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Carlos A. Végh & Andrés Velasco (ed.), 2008.
"Money, Crises, and Transition: Essays in Honor of Guillermo A. Calvo,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262182661, December.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Vegh, Carlos & Velasco, Andres, 2008. "Money, Crises, and Transition Essays in Honor of Guillermo A. Calvo: An Introduction," MPRA Paper 13232, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ouchen, Mariam, 2013. "Optimal choice of an exchange rate regime: a critical literature review," MPRA Paper 43907, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Jan 2013.
- Shigeto Kitano, 2016.
"Predetermined exchange rate, monetary targeting, and inflation targeting regimes,"
International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 12(3), pages 233-256, September.
- Shigeto Kitano, 2011. "Predetermined Exchange Rate, Monetary Targeting, and Inflation Targeting Regimes," Discussion Paper Series DP2011-25, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised Mar 2015.
- G. C. Lim & Paul D. McNelis, 2008.
"Cyclical Government Spending, Income Inequality and Welfare in Small Open Economies,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2008n18, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Paul McNelis & Guay Lim, 2009. "Cyclical Government Spending, Income Inequality and Welfare in Small Open Economies," 2009 Meeting Papers 300, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- McNelis, Paul D., 2016. "Optimal policy rules at home, crisis and quantitative easing abroad," BOFIT Discussion Papers 15/2016, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Dąbrowski, Marek A. & Śmiech, Sławomir & Papież, Monika, 2015.
"Monetary policy options for mitigating the impact of the global financial crisis on emerging market economies,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 409-431.
- Dąbrowski, Marek A. & Śmiech, Sławomir & Papież, Monika, 2013. "Monetary policy options for mitigating the impact of the global financial crisis on emerging market economies," MPRA Paper 56337, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dąbrowski, Marek A. & Wróblewska, Justyna, 2020.
"Insulating property of the flexible exchange rate regime: A case of Central and Eastern European countries,"
International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 34-49.
- Dąbrowski, Marek A. & Wróblewska, Justyna, 2019. "Insulating property of the flexible exchange rate regime: A case of Central and Eastern European countries," MPRA Paper 93813, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dąbrowski, Marek A. & Wróblewska, Justyna, 2016. "Exchange rate as a shock absorber in Poland and Slovakia: Evidence from Bayesian SVAR models with common serial correlation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 249-262.
More about this item
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2006-11-18 (Central Banking)
- NEP-IFN-2006-11-18 (International Finance)
- NEP-MON-2006-11-18 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:12684. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.