The Economic Theory of Illegal Goods: The Case of Drugs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick M. O'Malley & Michael Grossman & Frank J. Chaloupka, 2001. "Marijuana and Youth," NBER Chapters,in: Risky Behavior among Youths: An Economic Analysis, pages 271-326 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1993. "A Simple Theory of Advertising as a Good or Bad," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 941-964.
- Saffer, Henry & Chaloupka, Frank, 1999. "The Demand for Illicit Drugs," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(3), pages 401-411, July.
- MacCoun,Robert J. & Reuter,Peter, 2001. "Drug War Heresies," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521799973, October.
- Jonathan Gruber, 2001. "Risky Behavior among Youths: An Economic Analysis," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number grub01-1.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernanda Perini de Castro & Alexandre Sartoris, "undated". "An Empirical Model for Drug Traffic in the City of Sao Paulo," EcoMod2007 23900064, EcoMod.
- Sylvaine Poret, 2006. "L'impact des politiques répressives sur l'offre de drogues illicites. Une revue de la littérature théorique," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 57(5), pages 1065-1091.
- Philip A. Curry & Steeve Mongrain, 2008.
"What you don't see can't hurt you: an economic analysis of morality laws,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(2), pages 583-594, May.
- Philip A. Curry & Steeve Mongrain, 2007. "What You Don't See Can't Hurt You: An Economic Analysis of Morality Laws," Discussion Papers dp07-05, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Leonardo Raffo López, 2010. "Narcotráfico y conflicto: ¿por qué bajó el precio de la cocaína?," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 12(23), pages 229-258, July-Dece.
- Dave, Dhaval, 2006.
"The effects of cocaine and heroin price on drug-related emergency department visits,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 311-333, March.
- Dhaval Dave, 2004. "The Effects of Cocaine and Heroin Prices on Drug-Related Emergency Department Visits," NBER Working Papers 10619, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pacula Rosalie Liccardo & Kilmer Beau & Grossman Michael & Chaloupka Frank J, 2010.
"Risks and Prices: The Role of User Sanctions in Marijuana Markets,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-38, February.
- Rosalie Liccardo Pacula & Beau Kilmer & Michael Grossman & Frank J. Chaloupka, 2007. "Risks and Prices: The Role of User Sanctions in Marijuana Markets," NBER Working Papers 13415, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borgschulte, Mark & Corredor-Waldron, Adriana & Marshall, Guillermo, 2018.
"A path out: Prescription drug abuse, treatment, and suicide,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 169-184.
- Borgschulte, Mark & Corredor-Waldron, Adriana & Marshall, Guillermo, 2018. "A Path Out: Prescription Drug Abuse, Treatment, and Suicide," IZA Discussion Papers 11391, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Slim, Sadri, 2009.
"Du refus de vente au don: une explication de la formation du prix par l´affect
[From rejection of exchange to gift: regard as an explanation of prices]," MPRA Paper 15317, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Apr 2009.
- Dhaval Dave, 2004. "Illicit Drug Use Among Arrestees and Drug Prices," NBER Working Papers 10648, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Grossman, 2004. "Individual Behaviors and Substance Use: The Role of Price," NBER Working Papers 10948, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlos Dobkin & Nancy Nicosia, 2009. "The War on Drugs: Methamphetamine, Public Health, and Crime," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(1), pages 324-349, March.
- World Bank, 2010. "Crime and Violence in Central America : A Development Challenge - Executive Summary," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2979, The World Bank.
- Lippai, László, 2010.
"Fogyasztói önkontrollt igénylő döntések empirikus vizsgálata
[An empirical examination of consumer decisions requiring self-control]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(7), pages 700-714.
- Cláudia Costa Storti & Paul De Grauwe, 2007. "Globalization and the Price Decline of Illicit Drugs," CESifo Working Paper Series 1990, CESifo Group Munich.
- Yunker, James A., 2012. "Estimated optimal drug law enforcement expenditures based on U.S. annual data," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 356-371.
More about this item
- D00 - Microeconomics - - General - - - General
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-LTV-2004-12-20 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-MIC-2004-12-20 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2004-12-20 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:10976. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.