The Economic Theory of Illegal Goods: The Case of Drugs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick M. O'Malley & Michael Grossman & Frank J. Chaloupka, 2001. "Marijuana and Youth," NBER Chapters,in: Risky Behavior among Youths: An Economic Analysis, pages 271-326 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1993. "A Simple Theory of Advertising as a Good or Bad," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 941-964.
- Saffer, Henry & Chaloupka, Frank, 1999. "The Demand for Illicit Drugs," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(3), pages 401-411, July.
- MacCoun,Robert J. & Reuter,Peter, 2001. "Drug War Heresies," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521799973.
- Jonathan Gruber, 2001. "Risky Behavior among Youths: An Economic Analysis," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number grub01-1.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernanda Perini de Castro & Alexandre Sartoris, "undated". "An Empirical Model for Drug Traffic in the City of Sao Paulo," EcoMod2007 23900064, EcoMod.
- Sylvaine Poret, 2006. "L'impact des politiques répressives sur l'offre de drogues illicites. Une revue de la littérature théorique," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 57(5), pages 1065-1091.
- Philip A. Curry & Steeve Mongrain, 2008.
"What you don't see can't hurt you: an economic analysis of morality laws,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(2), pages 583-594, May.
- Philip A. Curry & Steeve Mongrain, 2007. "What You Don't See Can't Hurt You: An Economic Analysis of Morality Laws," Discussion Papers dp07-05, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Leonardo Raffo López, 2010. "Narcotráfico y conflicto: ¿por qué bajó el precio de la cocaína?," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 12(23), pages 229-258, July-Dece.
- Dave, Dhaval, 2006.
"The effects of cocaine and heroin price on drug-related emergency department visits,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 311-333, March.
- Dhaval Dave, 2004. "The Effects of Cocaine and Heroin Prices on Drug-Related Emergency Department Visits," NBER Working Papers 10619, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pacula Rosalie Liccardo & Kilmer Beau & Grossman Michael & Chaloupka Frank J, 2010.
"Risks and Prices: The Role of User Sanctions in Marijuana Markets,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-38, February.
- Rosalie Liccardo Pacula & Beau Kilmer & Michael Grossman & Frank J. Chaloupka, 2007. "Risks and Prices: The Role of User Sanctions in Marijuana Markets," NBER Working Papers 13415, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borgschulte, Mark & Corredor-Waldron, Adriana & Marshall, Guillermo, 2018. "A Path Out: Prescription Drug Abuse, Treatment, and Suicide," IZA Discussion Papers 11391, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Slim, Sadri, 2009.
"Du refus de vente au don: une explication de la formation du prix par l´affect
[From rejection of exchange to gift: regard as an explanation of prices]," MPRA Paper 15317, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Apr 2009.
- Dhaval Dave, 2004. "Illicit Drug Use Among Arrestees and Drug Prices," NBER Working Papers 10648, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Grossman, 2004. "Individual Behaviors and Substance Use: The Role of Price," NBER Working Papers 10948, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlos Dobkin & Nancy Nicosia, 2009. "The War on Drugs: Methamphetamine, Public Health, and Crime," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(1), pages 324-349, March.
- World Bank, 2010. "Crime and Violence in Central America : A Development Challenge - Executive Summary," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2979, The World Bank.
- Lippai, László, 2010.
"Fogyasztói önkontrollt igénylő döntések empirikus vizsgálata
[An empirical examination of consumer decisions requiring self-control]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(7), pages 700-714.
- Cláudia Costa Storti & Paul De Grauwe, 2007. "Globalization and the Price Decline of Illicit Drugs," CESifo Working Paper Series 1990, CESifo Group Munich.
- Yunker, James A., 2012. "Estimated optimal drug law enforcement expenditures based on U.S. annual data," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 356-371.
More about this item
- D00 - Microeconomics - - General - - - General
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-LTV-2004-12-20 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-MIC-2004-12-20 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2004-12-20 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:10976. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .