A State and Local Consumer Price Index for the United States in 1890
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Deaton, Angus, 1987. "Estimation of own- and cross-price elasticities from household survey data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 7-30.
- Deaton, Angus, 1988. "Quality, Quantity, and Spatial Variation of Price," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 418-430, June.
- Michael R. Haines, 1989. "Consumer Behavior and Immigrant Assimilation: A comparison of the United States, Britain and Germany, 1889/1890," NBER Historical Working Papers 0006, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, May.
- Deaton, Angus S & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier & Thomas, Duncan, 1989. "The Influence of Household Composition on Household Expenditure Patterns: Theory and Spanish Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(1), pages 179-200, February.
- Coelho, Philip R. P. & Shepherd, James F., 1979. "The Impact of Regional Differences in Prices and Wages on Economic Growth: The United States in 1890," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(01), pages 69-85, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tombe, Trevor, 2011.
"Structural change and regional convergence: the case of declining transport costs,"
34053, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Trevor Tombe, 2012. "Structural Change and Regional Convergence: The Case of Declining Transport Costs," Working Papers tt0061, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics, revised 2012.
- Sunder, Marco, 2011. "Upward and onward: High-society American women eluded the antebellum puzzle," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 165-171, March.
- repec:tcd:wpaper:tep1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chris Minns & Mary MacKinnon, 2007.
"The costs of doing hard time: a penitentiary-based regional price index for Canada, 1883-1923,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(2), pages 528-560, May.
- Chris Minns & Mary Mackinnon, 2005. "The Costs of Doing Hard Time: A penitentiary-based regional price index for Canada, 1883-1923," Trinity Economics Papers 200051, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Chris Minns & Mary MacKinnon, 2006. "The Costs Of Doing Hard Time: A Penitentiary-Based Regional Price Index For Canada, 1883-1923," Departmental Working Papers 2006-09, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Chris Minns & Mary Mackinnon, 2005. "The Costs of Doing Hard Time: A penitentiary-based regional price index for Canada, 1883-1923," Trinity Economics Papers tep1, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Michael R. Haines & Allen C. Goodman, 1989. "Buying the American Dream: Housing Demand in the United States in the Late Nineteenth Century," NBER Historical Working Papers 0005, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hiermeyer, Martin, 2010. "The height and BMI values of West Point cadets after the Civil War," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 127-133, March.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-06-08 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberhi:0002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .