Regulating Financial Conglomerates
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Gyongyi Loranth & Alan Morrison, 2003. "Multinational Bank Capital Regulation with Deposit Insurance and Diversification Effects," OFRC Working Papers Series 2003fe11, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Merton, Robert C., 1977. "An analytic derivation of the cost of deposit insurance and loan guarantees An application of modern option pricing theory," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-11, June.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Bolton, Patrick & Scharfstein, David S, 1996. "Optimal Debt Structure and the Number of Creditors," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Froot, Kenneth A & Scharfstein, David S & Stein, Jeremy C, 1993.
" Risk Management: Coordinating Corporate Investment and Financing Policies,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1629-1658, December.
- Kenneth A. Froot & David S. Scharfstein & Jeremy C. Stein, 1992. "Risk Management: Coordinating Corporate Investment and Financing Policies," NBER Working Papers 4084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Lóránth, Gyöngyi & Morrison, Alan, 2003. "Multinational Bank Regulation with Deposit Insurance and Diversification Effects," CEPR Discussion Papers 4148, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Greenbaum, Stuart I & Thakor, Anjan V, 1993. "Reputation and Discretion in Financial Contracting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1165-1183, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dicembrino, Claudio & Scandizzo, Pasquale Lucio, 2011.
"Can portfolio diversification increase systemic risk? evidence from the U.S and European mutual funds market,"
33715, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claudio Dicembrino & Pasquale Lucio Scandizzo, 2012. "Can Portfolio Diversification increase Systemic Risk? Evidence from the U.S and European Mutual Funds Market," CEIS Research Paper 240, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 11 Jul 2012.
- Nadine Gatzert & Hato Schmeiser, 2011. "On the risk situation of financial conglomerates: does diversification matter?," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 25(1), pages 3-26, March.
- Eling, Martin & Gatzert, Nadine & Schmeiser, Hato, 2009. "Minimum standards for investment performance: A new perspective on non-life insurer solvency," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 113-122, August.
- Olszak, Małgorzata & Pipień, Mateusz & Kowalska, Iwona & Roszkowska, Sylwia, 2014. "What drives heterogeneity of loan loss provisions’ procyclicality in the EU?," MPRA Paper 56834, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Onji, Kazuki & Vera, David & Corbett, Jenny, 2012.
"Capital injection, restructuring targets and personnel management: The case of Japanese regional banks,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 495-517.
- Kazuki Onji, David Vera and Jenny Corbett, 2011. "Capital Injection, Restructuring Targets and Personnel Management: The Case of Japanese Regional Banks," Asia Pacific Economic Papers 390, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Mälkönen, Ville, 2009. "Financial conglomeration and monitoring incentives," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 105-123, June.
- Krishnan, Karthik, 2013. "Commercial banks getting underwriting business: Tying or business building?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 47-75.
- Swamy, Vighneswara, 2012. "Financial Holding Company Structure for India," MPRA Paper 47515, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barbosa, Klenio & de Paula Rocha, Bruno & Salazar, Fernando, 2015.
"Assessing competition in the banking industry: A multi-product approach,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 340-362.
- Barbosa, Klênio & Rocha, Bruno de Paula & Salazar, Fernando Morais Farré, 2013. "Assessing competition in the banking industry: a multi-product approach," Textos para discussão 339, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Nedelchev, Miroslav, 2010.
"Корпоративно Управление На Финансови Групи (Спазвай И Обяснявай)
[Corporate Governance of Financial Groups (Comply and Explain)]," MPRA Paper 52249, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- De Jonghe, O.G., 2009. "Back to Basics in Banking? A Micro-Analysis of Banking System Stability," Discussion Paper 2009-45 S, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Dietrich, Diemo & Vollmer, Uwe, 2012. "Are universal banks bad for financial stability? Germany during the world financial crisis," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 123-134.
- Agur, Itai, 2009. "Regulatory Competition and Bank Risk Taking," CEPR Discussion Papers 7524, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Schlütter, Sebastian & Gründl, Helmut, 2011. "Who benefits from building insurance groups? A welfare analysis of optimal group capital management," ICIR Working Paper Series 08/11, Goethe University Frankfurt, International Center for Insurance Regulation (ICIR).
- Viral V. Acharya & Matthew Richardson, 2012. "Implications of the Dodd-Frank Act," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 4(1), pages 1-38, October.
- Elisa Luciano & Clas Wihlborg, 2013. "Financial synergies and the Organization of Bank Affiliates; A Theoretical Perspective on Risk and Efficiency," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 322, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2014.
- Marcin Kacperczyk & Philipp Schnabl, 2011. "Implicit Guarantees and Risk Taking: Evidence from Money Market Funds," NBER Working Papers 17321, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier De Jonghe, 2008. "The impact of revenue diversity on banking system stability," EIEF Working Papers Series 0815, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Jul 2008.
More about this item
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbb:reswpp:200405-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bnbgvbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.