Why firms hedge with currency derivatives: an examination of transaction and translation exposure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bishop, J., 1994. "The Incidence of Payoff to Employer Training," Papers 94-17, Cornell - Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Niclas Hagelin & Bengt Pramborg, 2004. "Empirical evidence on the incentives to hedge transaction and translation exposure," Finance 0407020, EconWPA.
- Donald Lien & Fathali Firoozi, 2008. "Offshore Bidding and Currency Futures," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 7(2), pages 125-136, August.
- Hagelin, Niclas & Pramborg, Bengt, 2006. "Empirical evidence concerning incentives to hedge transaction and translation exposures," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 142-159, April.
- Pramborg, Bengt, 2004. "Derivatives hedging, geographical diversification, and firm market value," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 117-133, April.
- Hoa Nguyen & Robert Faff, 2010. "Are firms hedging or speculating? The relationship between financial derivatives and firm risk," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(10), pages 827-843.
- Fabling, Richard & Grimes, Arthur, 2008. "Do Exporters Cut the Hedge? Who Hedges, When and Why?," Occasional Papers 08/2, Ministry of Economic Development, New Zealand.
- Zeidan, Rodrigo & Müllner, Jakob, 2015. "Firm, market and top management antecedents of speculation: Lessons for corporate governance," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 32, pages 42-58.
- Libo Yin & Liyan Han, 2015. "Hedging International Foreign Exchange Risks via Option Based Portfolio Insurance," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 45(1), pages 151-181, January.
- Pramborg, Bengt, 2005. "Foreign exchange risk management by Swedish and Korean nonfinancial firms: A comparative survey," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 343-366, June.
- Jorge A Chan-Lau, 2005. "Hedging Foreign Exchange Risk in Chile; Markets and Instruments," IMF Working Papers 05/37, International Monetary Fund.
- Hagelin, Niclas & Pramborg, Bengt, 2005. "Foreign exchange exposure, risk management, and quarterly earnings announcements," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 15-30, February.
- Björn Döhring, 2008. "Hedging and invoicing strategies to reduce exchange rate exposure - a euro-area perspective," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 299, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Anderson, Brian P. & Makar, Stephen D. & Huffman, Stephen H., 2004. "Exchange rate exposure and foreign exchange derivatives: do ineffective hedgers modify future derivatives use?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 205-216, June.
- Belghitar, Yacine & Clark, Ephraim & Mefteh, Salma, 2013. "Foreign currency derivative use and shareholder value," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 283-293.
- Doyeon Kim & Taeyoon Sung, 2007. "Does the Market Evaluate Firm`s FX Risk Management? -Evidence from the Korean Stock Market-," Korean Economic Review, Korean Economic Association, vol. 23, pages 243-266.
- Kim, Woochan & Sung, Taeyoon, 2005. "What makes firms manage FX risk?," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 263-288, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apfiec:v:13:y:2003:i:1:p:55-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.