Simulating The Effects Of The European Single Market: A Cge Analysis For Spain
In this paper we provide an empirical assessment of two of the measures proposed in the context of the European Single Market, namely, easing the provision of domestic and foreign services, and modifying the rules of public procurement, for the case of Spain. We build and simulate a computable general equilibrium (CGE) model, which incorporates three particular features: (i) increasing returns to scale and a noncompetitive price rule; (ii) sectoral export demand functions; and (iii) equilibrium unemployment according to a matching function approach.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 34 948 169340
Fax: 34 948 169 721
Web page: http://www.econ.unavarra.es
|Order Information:|| Postal: Papers are not sent in a centralized mode. You can download them with ftp, or contact the authors.|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henk Kox & Arjan Lejour & Raymond Montizaan, 2004. "The free movement of services within the EU," CPB Document 69, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Inmaculada Garcia & Jose Alberto Molina, 1998. "Household labour supply with rationing in Spain," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(12), pages 1557-1570.
- Rutherford, Thomas F, 1999. "Applied General Equilibrium Modeling with MPSGE as a GAMS Subsystem: An Overview of the Modeling Framework and Syntax," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 14(1-2), pages 1-46, October.
- Lourdes Moreno, 1997. "The determinants of Spanish industrial exports to the European Union," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(6), pages 723-732.
- Ballard, Charles L & Shoven, John B & Whalley, John, 1985. "General Equilibrium Computations of the Marginal Welfare Costs of Taxes in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 128-38, March.
- Óscar Bajo Rubio & Antonio Gómez Gómez-Plana, 2001.
"Reducing social contributions on unskilled labour as a way of fighting unemployment: An empirical evaluation for the case of Spain,"
Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra
0102, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Antonio G. Gómez-Plana, 2004. "Reducing Social Contributions for Unskilled Labor as a Way of Fighting Unemployment: An Empirical Evaluation for the Case of Spain," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 60(2), pages 160-, August.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Antonio G. Gómez-Plana, . "Reducing social contributions on unskilled labour as a way of fighting unemployment: An empirical evaluation for the case of Spain," Studies on the Spanish Economy 107, FEDEA.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521266550 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521319867 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harry Flam, 1992. "Product Markets and 1992: Full Integration, Large Gains?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(4), pages 7-30, Fall.
- Dervis, Kemal & de Melo, Jaime & Robinson, Sherman, 1981. "A General Equilibrium Analysis of Foreign Exchange Shortages in a Developing Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(364), pages 891-906, December.
- Balistreri, Edward J., 2002. "Operationalizing equilibrium unemployment: A general equilibrium external economies approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 347-374, March.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Equilibrium Unemployment Theory, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161877, June.
- Howe, Howard, 1975. "Development of the extended linear expenditure system from simple saving assumptions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 305-310, July.
- Burda, Michael C & Wyplosz, Charles, 1993.
"Gross Worker and Job Flows in Europe,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
868, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francois, Joseph, 1998. "Scale Economies and Imperfect Competition in the GTAP Model," GTAP Technical Papers 317, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Óscar Bajo Rubio & Antonio Gómez Gómez-Plana, 2000. "The Role of Country Size and Returns to Scale in Empirical Assessments of Economic Integration: The Case of Spain," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 0005, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Willenbockel, Dirk, 2004. "Specification choice and robustness in CGE trade policy analysis with imperfect competition," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1065-1099, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nav:ecupna:0503. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Javier Puértolas)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.