The use of ex post Cost-Benefit Analysis to assess the long-term effects of Major Infrastructure Projects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bråthen, Svein & Hervik, Arild, 1997. "Strait crossings and economic development : Developing economic impact assessment by means of ex post analyses," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 193-200, October.
- Julie Pellegrin & Emanuela Sirtori, 2012. "Methodologies to assess the impact of infrastructure projects in international development evaluation," Working Papers 201202, CSIL Centre for Industrial Studies.
- Massimo Florio, 2007. "Introduction: Multi-government Cost–Benefit Analysis, Shadow Prices and Incentives," Chapters, in: Massimo Florio (ed.), Cost–Benefit Analysis and Incentives in Evaluation, chapter 1, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jenkins, Glenn P, 1997. "Project Analysis and the World Bank," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 38-42, May.
- Michela Cella & Massimo Florio, 2009. "Hierarchical contracting in grant decisions: ex-ante and ex-post evaluation in the context of the EURegional Policy," Working Papers 171, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2009.
- Massimo FLORIO & Silvia VIGNETTI, 2003. "Cost-benefit analysis of infrastructure projects in an enlarged European Union: an incentive-oriented approach," Departmental Working Papers 2003-13, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Massimo FLORIO, 2006. "Multi-government cost-benefit analysis: shadow prices and incentives," Departmental Working Papers 2006-37, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Robert Bain, 2009. "Error and optimism bias in toll road traffic forecasts," Transportation, Springer, vol. 36(5), pages 469-482, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Osama Ahmed & Walid Sallam, 2020. "Assessing the Potential of Improving Livelihoods and Creating Sustainable Socio-Economic Circumstances for Rural Communities in Upper Egypt," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(16), pages 1-23, August.
- Sallam, Walid & Ahmed, Osama, 2020. "The socio-economic assessment to evaluate the potentiality of developing the rural community in Upper Egypt," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 143-165.
- Petr Halámek & Radka Matuszková & Michal Radimský, 2021. "Modernisation of Regional Roads Evaluated Using Ex-Post CBA," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(4), pages 1-20, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ginés Rus & M. Socorro, 2010.
"Infrastructure Investment and Incentives with Supranational Funding,"
Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 17(3), pages 551-567, September.
- Socorro, M. Pilar & De Rus, Ginés, 2011. "Infrastructure investment and incentives with supranational funding," Working Papers 2011-13, FEDEA.
- Massimo Florio & Silvia Vignetti, 2008. "Building a bridge across CBA traditions: the contribution of EU Regional Policy," Working Papers 200908, CSIL Centre for Industrial Studies.
- Lindsey, Robin & de Palma, André, 2014.
"Cost recovery from congestion tolls with long-run uncertainty,"
Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 119-132.
- Robin Lindsey & André de Palma, 2013. "Cost Recovery from Congestion Tolls with Long-run Uncertainty," Working Papers hal-00784299, HAL.
- Robin Lindsey & André de Palma, 2014. "Cost recovery from congestion tolls with long-run uncertainty," Post-Print hal-01311130, HAL.
- Robin Lindsey & André de Palma, 2014. "Cost recovery from congestion tolls with long-run uncertainty," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01311130, HAL.
- Maria Börjesson & Jonas Eliasson & Mattias Lundberg, 2014. "Is CBA Ranking of Transport Investments Robust?," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 48(2), pages 189-204, May.
- Ilker Ersegun Kayhan & Glenn P. Jenkins, 2016. "Evaluating Minimum-Traffic Guarantees for PPPs in Turkey by Real-Option Pricing," Development Discussion Papers 2016-02, JDI Executive Programs.
- Casady, Carter B. & Gómez-Ibáñez, José A. & Schwimmer, Emily, 2020. "Toll-managed lanes: A simplified benefit-cost analysis of seven US projects," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 38-53.
- Farr, Marina & Stoeckl, Natalie, 2018. "Overoptimism and the undervaluation of ecosystem services: A case-study of recreational fishing in Townsville, adjacent to the Great Barrier Reef," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 31(PC), pages 433-444.
- Odeck, James, 2019. "Estimating and predicting the operational costs of road tolls: An econometric assessment using panel data," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 466-478.
- Kenneth Button & Brien Benson, 2013. "Handling biases in forecasting when making transportation policy," Chapters, in: Thomas Vanoutrive & Ann Verhetsel (ed.), Smart Transport Networks, chapter 4, pages 49-67, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dejan Makovšek & Marian Moszoro, 2018.
"Risk pricing inefficiency in public–private partnerships,"
Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 298-321, May.
- Makovsek, Dejan & Moszoro, Marian W., 2017. "Risk pricing inefficiency in public-private partnerships," MPRA Paper 101574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elisa BORGHI & Chiara DEL BO & Massimo FLORIO, 2010. "The theory of public enterprise, social welfare and planning: a note," Departmental Working Papers 2010-20, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:3:p:265:d:65622 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anna Matas & Josep-Lluis Raymond & Adriana Ruiz, 2012.
"Traffic forecasts under uncertainty and capacity constraints,"
Transportation, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Anna Matas & Josep-Lluis Raymond & Adriana Ruiz, 2009. "Traffic forecasts under uncertainty and capacity constraints," Working Papers XREAP2009-12, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Nov 2009.
- Odeck, James & Bråthen, Svein, 2002. "Toll financing in Norway: The success, the failures and perspectives for the future," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 253-260, July.
- Anaxagorou, Christiana & Efthyvoulou, Georgios & Sarantides, Vassilis, 2020. "Electoral motives and the subnational allocation of foreign aid in sub-Saharan Africa," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 127(C).
- Louw, Erik & Leijten, Martijn & Meijers, Evert, 2013. "Changes subsequent to infrastructure investments: Forecasts, expectations and ex-post situation," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 107-117.
- Omid M. Rouhani, 2016. "Next Generations of Road Pricing: Social Welfare Enhancing," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(3), pages 1-15, March.
- Daniel Albalate & Paula Bel-Piñana, 2016. "Winners and losers in tolled motorway renegotiations: an empirical evaluation of the Spanish pioneers," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 365-372, July.
- Zheng Li, 2020. "Experimental Evidence on Socioeconomic Differences in Risk‐Taking and Risk Premiums," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 96(313), pages 140-152, June.
- Juli�n Sierra Tamayo & Jose Manuel Vassallo & María de los Ángeles Baeza, 2014. "Unbundling tolls from contracts: a new road PPP model," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 447-451, November.
- M. Rouhani, Omid, 2015. "Revenue Risk Mitigation Options for Toll Roads," MPRA Paper 67662, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCost-benefit analysis; Ex-post evaluation; Infrastructures;
All these keywords.
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ORE-2013-06-24 (Operations Research)
- NEP-PPM-2013-06-24 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-TRE-2013-06-24 (Transport Economics)
- NEP-URE-2013-06-24 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mst:wpaper:201302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csilmit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Marinella Manghina (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csilmit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.