Incorporating equity considerations in transport infrastructure evaluation: Current practice and a proposed methodology
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bristow, A. L. & Nellthorp, J., 2000. "Transport project appraisal in the European Union," Transport Policy, Elsevier, pages 51-60.
- Maria Berrittella & A. Certa & M. Enea & P. Zito, 2007. "An Analytic Hierarchy Process for The Evaluation of Transport Policies to Reduce Climate Change Impacts," Working Papers 2007.12, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Mackie, Peter & Preston, John, 1998. "Twenty-one sources of error and bias in transport project appraisal," Transport Policy, Elsevier, pages 1-7.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Is public expenditure productive?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, pages 177-200.
- Roger Vickerman, 2007. "Cost – benefit analysis and large-scale infrastructure projects: state of the art and challenges," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(4), pages 598-610, July.
- Rietveld, Piet, 2006. "Pricing in transport; a multimodal perspective. An introduction," European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 32, pages 1-4.
- Bent Flyvbjerg, 2007.
"Policy and planning for large-infrastructure projects: problems, causes, cures,"
Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(4), pages 578-597, July.
- Bent Flyvbjerg, 2007. "Policy and Planning for Large-Infrastructure Projects: Problems, Causes, Cures," Environment and Planning B, , pages 578-597.
- Flyvbjerg, Bent, 2005. "Policy and planning for large infrastructure projects : problems, causes, cures," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3781, The World Bank.
- Bent Flyvbjerg, 2013. "Policy and Planning for Large Infrastructure Projects: Problems, Causes, Cures," Papers 1303.7400, arXiv.org.
- Vickerman, Roger, 1995. "Location, accessibility and regional development: the appraisal of trans-European networks," Transport Policy, Elsevier, pages 225-234.
- Schweigert, Francis J., 2007. "The priority of justice: A framework approach to ethics in program evaluation," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, pages 394-399.
- Lopez, Humberto, 2008. "The social discount rate : estimates for nine Latin American countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4639, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nikolaos Thomopoulos & Susan Grant-Muller, 2013. "Incorporating equity as part of the wider impacts in transport infrastructure assessment: an application of the SUMINI approach," Transportation, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 315-345, February.
- Van Wee, Bert & Molin, Eric, 2012. "Transport and ethics: Dilemmas for CBA researchers. An interview-based study from the Netherlands," Transport Policy, Elsevier, pages 30-36.
- Hananel, Ravit & Berechman, Joseph, 2016. "Justice and transportation decision-making: The capabilities approach," Transport Policy, Elsevier, pages 78-85.
- Karst T. Geurs & Tomaz Ponce Dentinho & Roberto Patuelli, 2016. "Accessibility, equity and efficiency," Chapters,in: Accessibility, Equity and Efficiency, chapter 1, pages 3-8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Thakuriah (Vonu), Piyushimita & Persky, Joseph & Soot, Siim & Sriraj, P.S., 2013. "Costs and benefits of employment transportation for low-wage workers: An assessment of job access public transportation services," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, pages 31-42.
- Bert van Wee & Jan Anne Annema & Hugo Priemus, 2013. "Model building for infrastructure initiatives," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Urban Economies, chapter 17, pages 423-441 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bert van Wee, 2013. "Ethics and the ex ante evaluation of mega-projects," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Mega-Projects, chapter 16, pages 356-378 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bills, Tierra S. & Walker, Joan L., 2017. "Looking beyond the mean for equity analysis: Examining distributional impacts of transportation improvements," Transport Policy, Elsevier, pages 61-69.
- Karen Lucas & Bert Wee & Kees Maat, 2016. "A method to evaluate equitable accessibility: combining ethical theories and accessibility-based approaches," Transportation, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 473-490, May.
- Shaowu Cheng & Qian Gao & Yaping Zhang, 2016. "Evaluating the Impacts of Bus Fare on Social Equity Based on IC Card Data in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(10), pages 1-15, October.
- Niehaus, Markus & Galilea, Patricia & Hurtubia, Ricardo, 2016. "Accessibility and equity: An approach for wider transport project assessment in Chile," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 412-422.
- Nahmias–Biran, Bat-hen & Shiftan, Yoram, 2016. "Towards a more equitable distribution of resources: Using activity-based models and subjective well-being measures in transport project evaluation," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 672-684.
- José Manuel Viegas, 2012. "The urban mobility system and regional competitiveness," Chapters,in: Networks, Space and Competitiveness, chapter 2, pages 35-55 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsTransport appraisal Equity Analytic Hierarchy Process;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:epplan:v:32:y:2009:i:4:p:351-359. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/evalprogplan .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.