Estimation of k-factor GIGARCH process : a Monte Carlo study
In this paper, we discuss the parameter estimation for a k-factor generalized long memory process with conditionally heteroskedastic noise. Two estimation methods are proposed. The first method is based on the conditional distribution of the process and the second is obtained as an extension of Whittle's estimation approach. For comparison purposes, Monte Carlo simulations are used to evaluate the finite sample performance of these estimation techniques.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://centredeconomiesorbonne.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1994.
"Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 705-30, August.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Hansen's GARCH models with time-varying t-densities," Statistical Software Components RTZ00086, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation," RCER Working Papers 322, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Abdou Kâ Diongue & Dominique Guegan, 2004. "Estimating parameters for a k-GIGARCH process," Post-Print halshs-00188531, HAL.
- Dominique Guegan, 2003. "A prospective study of the k-factor Gegenbauer processes with heteroscedastic errors and an application to inflation rates," Post-Print halshs-00201314, HAL.
- Giraitis, Liudas & Robinson, Peter M., 2001. "Whittle Estimation Of Arch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(03), pages 608-631, June.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1980. "Long memory relationships and the aggregation of dynamic models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 227-238, October.
- M. C. Jones & M. J. Faddy, 2003. "A skew extension of the "t"-distribution, with applications," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(1), pages 159-174.
- Peiro, Amado, 1999. "Skewness in financial returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 847-862, June.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:cesdoc:b08004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.