Estimation of k-Factor Gigarch Process: A Monte Carlo Study
In this paper, we discuss the parameter estimation for a k-factor generalized long memory processwith conditionally heteroskedastic noise. Two estimation methods are proposed. The first method is based on the conditional distribution of the process and the second is obtained as an extension of Whittle's estimation approach. For comparison purposes, Monte Carlo simulations are used to evaluate the finite sample performance of these estimation techniques, using four different conditional distribution functions.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Publication status:||Published in Communications in Statistics - Simulations and Computations, 2008, 37 (10), pp.2037-2049. <10.1080/03610910802304994>|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00375758|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Granger, C. W. J., 1980. "Long memory relationships and the aggregation of dynamic models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 227-238, October.
- Abdou Kâ Diongue & Dominique Guegan, 2004. "Estimating parameters for a k-GIGARCH process," Post-Print halshs-00188531, HAL.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Dominique Guegan, 2003. "A prospective study of the k-factor Gegenbauer processes with heteroscedastic errors and an application to inflation rates," Post-Print halshs-00201314, HAL.
- Hansen, B.E., 1992.
"Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation,"
RCER Working Papers
322, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Giraitis, Liudas & Robinson, Peter M., 2001. "Whittle Estimation Of Arch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(03), pages 608-631, June.
- M. C. Jones & M. J. Faddy, 2003. "A skew extension of the "t"-distribution, with applications," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(1), pages 159-174.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Peiro, Amado, 1999. "Skewness in financial returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 847-862, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:cesptp:halshs-00375758. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.