Heterogeneity of the effects of health insurance on household savings: Evidence from rural China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Kanbur, Ravi, 2005.
"Spatial inequality in education and health care in China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 189-204.
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Kanbur, Ravi, 2003. "Spatial Inequality In Education And Health Care In China," Working Papers 127256, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Xiaobo Zhang & Ravi Kanbur, 2004. "Spatial Inequality in Education and Health Care in China," Working Papers 159, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2003. "Spatial Inequality in Education and Health Care in China," CEPR Discussion Papers 4136, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jonathan Gruber & Aaron Yelowitz, 1999.
"Public Health Insurance and Private Savings,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(6), pages 1249-1274, December.
- J. Gruber & A. Yelowitz, "undated". "Public Health Insurance and Private Savings," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1135-97, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Jonathan Gruber & Aaron S. Yelowitz, 1998. "Public Health Insurance and Private Savings," JCPR Working Papers 42, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Jonathan Gruber & Aaron Yelowitz, 1997. "Public Health Insurance and Private Savings," NBER Working Papers 6041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Gruber & Aaron Yelowitz, 1997. "Public Health Insurance and Private Savings," UCLA Economics Working Papers 772, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Marcos D. Chamon & Eswar S. Prasad, 2010.
"Why Are Saving Rates of Urban Households in China Rising?,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 93-130, January.
- Chamon, Marcos & Prasad, Eswar, 2007. "Why Are Saving Rates of Urban Households in China Rising?," IZA Discussion Papers 3191, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marcos Chamon & Eswar S Prasad, 2008. "Why are Saving Rates of Urban Households in China Rising?," IMF Working Papers 08/145, International Monetary Fund.
- Marcos Chamon & Eswar Prasad, 2008. "Why are Saving Rates of Urban Households in China Rising?," NBER Working Papers 14546, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwin Leuven & Barbara Sianesi, 2003. "PSMATCH2: Stata module to perform full Mahalanobis and propensity score matching, common support graphing, and covariate imbalance testing," Statistical Software Components S432001, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Feb 2018.
- Aart Kraay, 2000. "Household Saving in China," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 14(3), pages 545-570, September.
- Dong, Keyong, 2009. "Medical insurance system evolution in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 591-597, December.
- Barbara Sianesi, 2001. "Propensity score matching," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2001 12, Stata Users Group, revised 23 Aug 2001.
- Alex Maynard & Jiaping Qiu, 2009. "Public insurance and private savings: who is affected and by how much?," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2), pages 282-308, March.
- Huber, Martin & Lechner, Michael & Wunsch, Conny, 2013. "The performance of estimators based on the propensity score," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 175(1), pages 1-21.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- #HEJC papers for September 2013
by academichealtheconomists in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2013-09-01 04:01:38
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ifs:fistud:v:38:y:2017:i::p:417-443 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joan Costa‐Font & Edward C. Norton & Luigi Siciliani & Joan Costa‐Font & Cristina Vilaplana‐Prieto, 2017.
"Does the Expansion of Public Long‐Term Care Funding Affect Saving Behaviour?,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 38, pages 417-443, September.
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Cristina Vilaplana, 2016. "Does the Expansion of Public Long-Term Care Funding Affect Savings Behaviour?," CESifo Working Paper Series 6135, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsRural China; New Cooperative Medical Scheme; health insurance; Chinese savings and consumption; propensity score matching;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-07-28 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-07-28 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2013-07-28 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2013-07-28 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2013-07-28 (Microfinance)
- NEP-PBE-2013-07-28 (Public Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2013-07-28 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:cesdoc:13056. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label) or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cenp1fr.html .