Ghana Power Compact: Evaluation Design Report
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peters, Jörg & Vance, Colin & Harsdorff, Marek, 2011. "Grid Extension in Rural Benin: Micro-Manufacturers and the Electrification Trap," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 773-783, May.
- Eberhard, Anton & Shkaratan, Maria, 2012. "Powering Africa: Meeting the financing and reform challenges," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 9-18.
- Depuru, Soma Shekara Sreenadh Reddy & Wang, Lingfeng & Devabhaktuni, Vijay, 2011. "Electricity theft: Overview, issues, prevention and a smart meter based approach to control theft," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 1007-1015, February.
- Taryn Dinkelman, 2011.
"The Effects of Rural Electrification on Employment: New Evidence from South Africa,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(7), pages 3078-3108, December.
- Taryn Dinkelman, 2010. "The Effects of Rural Electrification on Employment: New Evidence from South Africa," Working Papers 1255, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Golumbeanu, Raluca & Barnes, Douglas, 2013. "Connection charges and electricity access in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6511, The World Bank.
- Chakravorty, Ujjayant & Pelli, Martino & Ural Marchand, Beyza, 2014.
"Does the quality of electricity matter? Evidence from rural India,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 107(PA), pages 228-247.
- Ujjayant Chakravorty & Martino Pelli & Beyza Ural Marchand, 2013. "Does the Quality of Electricity Matter? Evidence from Rural India," Cahiers de recherche 13-05, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Ujjayant Chakravorty & Martino Pelli & Beyza Ural Marchand, 2014. "Does the Quality of Electricity Matter? Evidence from Rural India," Working Papers 2014.11, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Chakravorty, Ujjayant & Pelli, Martino & Marchand, Beyza Ural, 2014. "Does the Quality of Electricity Matter? Evidence from Rural India," Energy: Resources and Markets 163722, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Ujjayant Chakravorty & Martino Pelli & Beyza Ural Marchand, 2014. "Does the Quality of Electricity Matter? Evidence from Rural India," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0804, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- World Bank, 2013. "Energizing Economic Growth in Ghana : Making the Power and Petroleum Sectors Rise to the Challenge," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16264, The World Bank.
- Michael Grimm & Renate Hartwig & Jann Lay, 2013. "Electricity Access and the Performance of Micro and Small Enterprises: Evidence from West Africa," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 25(5), pages 815-829, December.
- Grogan, Louise & Sadanand, Asha, 2013.
"Rural Electrification and Employment in Poor Countries: Evidence from Nicaragua,"
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 252-265.
- Louise Grogan, 2013. "Rural Electrification and Employment in Poor Countries: Evidence from Nicaragua," Working Papers 1303, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Andersen, Thomas Barnebeck & Dalgaard, Carl-Johan, 2013. "Power outages and economic growth in Africa," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 19-23.
- Adenikinju, Adeola F., 2003. "Electric infrastructure failures in Nigeria: a survey-based analysis of the costs and adjustment responses," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 1519-1530, November.
- Ashley C. Brown & Jon Stern & Bernard Tenenbaum, 2006. "Handbook for Evaluating Infrastructure Regulatory Systems," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7030.
- Mensah, Justice Tei, 2016. "Bring Back our Light: Power Outages and Industrial Performance in Sub-Saharan Africa," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 236587, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jens Matthias Arnold & Aaditya Mattoo & Gaia Narciso, 2008.
"Services Inputs and Firm Productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Firm-Level Data,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 17(4), pages 578-599, August.
- Arnold, Jens Matthias & Mattoo, Aaditya & Narciso, Gaia, 2006. "Services inputs and firm productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa : evidence from firm-level data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4048, The World Bank.
- Laffont,Jean-Jacques, 2005. "Regulation and Development," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521840187, December.
- Delfino, Jose A. & Casarin, Ariel A., 2001. "The Reform of the Utilities Sector in Argentina," WIDER Working Paper Series 074, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Shiju Wang & Zhiying Lu & Shaoyun Ge & Chengshan Wang, 2014. "An Improved Substation Locating and Sizing Method Based on the Weighted Voronoi Diagram and the Transportation Model," Journal of Applied Mathematics, Hindawi, vol. 2014, pages 1-9, May.
- Justice Tei Mensah, 2016. "Bring Back Our Light: Power Outages and Industrial Performance in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 2016.20, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Smith, Thomas B., 2004. "Electricity theft: a comparative analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(18), pages 2067-2076, December.
- Hlalefang Khobai & Sanderson Abel & Pierre Le Roux, 2016. "An Investigation into the Electricity Supply and Economic Growth Nexus for South Africa," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 6(4), pages 701-705.
More about this item
KeywordsGhana; evaluation design; power sector reform; concessionaire; political economy analysis; electricity quality and reliability; impact on electricity end-user outcomes;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2019-09-16 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mpr:mprres:8c1896c6f9af45f08347287c10e13432. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joanne Pfleiderer) or (Cindy George). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mathius.html .