Ethnic Dualism and Communication Costs – Explaining Segmentation and Wage Inertia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McManus, Walter S, 1985. "Labor Market Costs of Language Disparity: An Interpretation of Hispanic Earnings Differences," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 818-827, September.
- Pischke, J.S. & Velling, J., 1994.
"Wages and Employment Effects of Immigration to Germany: An Analysis Based on Local Labor Markets,"
94-08, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Pischke, Jörn-Steffen & Velling, Johannes, 1994. "Wage and employment effects of immigration to Germany: an analysis based on local labor markets," ZEW Discussion Papers 94-03, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Pischke, Jörn-Steffen & Velling, Johannes, 1994. "Wage and Employment Effects of Immigration to Germany: An Analysis Based on Local Labour Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 935, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- De New, John P & Zimmermann, Klaus F, 1994.
"Native Wage Impacts of Foreign Labor: A Random Effects Panel Analysis,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 7(2), pages 177-192.
- Zimmermann, Klaus F, 1993. "Native Wage Impacts of Foreign Labour: A Random Effects Panel Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 851, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph G. Altonji & David Card, 1991.
"The Effects of Immigration on the Labor Market Outcomes of Less-skilled Natives,"
NBER Chapters, in: Immigration, Trade, and the Labor Market, pages 201-234,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph Altonji & David Card, 1989. "The Effects of Immigration on the Labor Market Outcome of Less-Skilled Natives," Working Papers 636, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Takayama,Akira, 1985. "Mathematical Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314985, December.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1999. "Culture and Language," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(S6), pages 95-126, December.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Greenwood, Michael J & McDowell, John M, 1986. "The Factor Market Consequences of U.S. Immigration," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(4), pages 1738-1772, December.
- Walter S. McManus, 1990. "Labor Market Effects of Language Enclaves: Hispanic Men in the United States," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(2), pages 228-252.
- Grossman, Jean Baldwin, 1982. "The Substitutability of Natives and Immigrants in Production," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(4), pages 596-603, November.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 1999. "Assessment of Possible Migration Pressure and its Labour Market Impact Following EU Enlargement to Central and Eastern Europe," IZA Research Reports 3, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
More about this item
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mnh:vpaper:1018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katharina Rautenberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ivmande.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.