Inferences for the Extremum of Quadratic Regression Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jenny Lye & Joe Hirschberg, 2004. "Alcohol consumption, smoking and wages," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(16), pages 1807-1817.
- Herbert G. Thompson, Jr. & Lynda L. Wolf, 1993. "Regional Differences in Nuclear and Fossil-Fuel Generation of Electricity," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 69(3), pages 234-248.
- Zellner, Arnold, 1978. "Estimation of functions of population means and regression coefficients including structural coefficients : A minimum expected loss (MELO) approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 127-158, October.
- Hsing, Yu, 1996. "Estimating the laffer curve and policy implications," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 395-401.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jo Thori Lind & Halvor Mehlum, 2010.
"With or Without U? The Appropriate Test for a U‐Shaped Relationship,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(1), pages 109-118, February.
- Lind, Jo Thori & Mehlum, Halvor, 2007. "With or Without U? The appropriate test for a U shaped relationship," Memorandum 21/2007, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Lind, Jo Thori & Mehlum, Halvor, 2007. "With or Without U? - The appropriate test for a U shaped relationship," MPRA Paper 4823, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- J.G. Hirschberg & J. N. Lye, 2007. "Providing Intuition to the Fieller Method with Two Geometric Representations using STATA and Eviews," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 992, The University of Melbourne.
- Richard F. J. Haans & Constant Pieters & Zi-Lin He, 2016. "Thinking about U: Theorizing and testing U- and inverted U-shaped relationships in strategy research," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(7), pages 1177-1195, July.
- Hirschberg, J.G. & Lye, J.N. & Slottje, D.J., 2008. "Inferential methods for elasticity estimates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 147(2), pages 299-315, December.
- J. G. Hirschberg, J. N. Lye & D. J. Slottje, 2008. "Confidence Intervals for Estimates of Elasticities," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1053, The University of Melbourne.
- Joe Hirschberg & Jenny Lye, 2017. "Alternative Graphical Representations of the Confidence Intervals for the Structural Coefficient from Exactly Identified Two-Stage Least Squares," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 2026, The University of Melbourne.
- Hirschberg, J.G. & Lye, J.N., 2010. "Two geometric representations of confidence intervals for ratios of linear combinations of regression parameters: An application to the NAIRU," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 73-76, July.
More about this item
KeywordsInverted U-Shaped; turning point; Fieller method; Delta method; 1st derivative function; Bayesian; Likelihood ratio; Bootstrap.;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C40 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - General
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mlb:wpaper:906. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dandapani Lokanathan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/demelau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.