Alcohol consumption, smoking and wages
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- John Strauss & Duncan Thomas, 1998. "Health, Nutrition, and Economic Development," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(2), pages 766-817, June.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1987:77:4:425-431_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mullahy, John & Sindelar, Jody, 1996. "Employment, unemployment, and problem drinking," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 409-434, August.
- Bush, Robert & Wooden, Mark, 1995. "Smoking and absence from work: Australian evidence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 437-446, August.
- French, Michael T. & Zarkin, Gary A., 1995. "Is moderate alcohol use related to wages? Evidence from four worksites," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 319-344, August.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1993:83:6:888-890_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Mullahy, John & Sindelar, Jody L, 1993. "Alcoholism, Work, and Income," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(3), pages 494-520, July.
- Phillip B. Levine & Tara A. Gustafson & Ann D. Velenchik, 1995. "More Bad News for Smokers? The Effects of Cigarette Smoking on Labor Market Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 5270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Lung-fei & Maddala, G S & Trost, R P, 1980. "Asymptotic Covariance Matrices of Two-Stage Probit and Two-Stage Tobit Methods for Simultaneous Equations Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(2), pages 491-503, March.
- Vivian Hamilton & Barton H. Hamilton, 1997. "Alcohol and Earnings: Does Drinking Yield a Wage Premium," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(1), pages 135-151, February.
- Barrett, Garry F, 2002. "The Effect of Alcohol Consumption on Earnings," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 78(240), pages 79-96, March.
- Zarkin, Gary A. & French, Michael T. & Mroz, Thomas & Bray, Jeremy W., 1998. "Alcohol use and wages: New results from the national household survey on drug abuse," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 53-68, January.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1992:82:1:29-32_4 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shao-Hsun Keng & Sheng-Jang Sheu, 2013. "The effect of stimulants and their combined use with cigarettes on mortality: the case of betel quid," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 14(4), pages 677-695, August.
- John Freebairn, 2010.
"Special Taxation of Alcoholic Beverages to Correct Market Failures,"
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 29(2), pages 200-214, June.
- John Freebairn, 2010. "Special Taxation of Alcoholic Beverages to Correct Market Failures," Wine Economics Research Centre Working Papers 2010-06, University of Adelaide, Wine Economics Research Centre.
- van Ours, J.C., 2002.
"A Pint a Day Raises a Man's Pay; But Smoking Blows that Gain Away,"
2002-20, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- van Ours, Jan C, 2002. "A Pint a Day Raises a Man's Pay; But Smoking Blows that Gain Away," CEPR Discussion Papers 3308, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- van Ours, Jan C., 2002. "A pint a day raises a man's pay; but smoking blows that gain away," IZA Discussion Papers 473, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- van Ours, J.C., 2004. "A pint a day raises a man's pay, but smoking blows that gain away," Other publications TiSEM 1447748f-5e9e-4064-84f2-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Pierre Pestieau & Gregory Ponthiere, 2012.
"Myopia, regrets, and risky behaviors,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 19(2), pages 288-317, April.
- Pierre Pestieau & Grégory Ponthière, 2009. "Myopia, regrets and risky behaviors," PSE Working Papers halshs-00566823, HAL.
- Pierre Pestieau & Grégory Ponthière, 2012. "Myopia, Regrets and Risky Behaviors," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00754611, HAL.
- PESTIEAU, Pierre & PONTHIERE, GrÃ©gory, 2012. "Myopia, regrets, and risky behaviors," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2452, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- van Ours, Jan C., 2004. "A pint a day raises a man's pay; but smoking blows that gain away," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 863-886, September.
- Lokshin, Mikhail & Sajaia, Zurab, 2007. "The Economic Cost of Smoking: Differences in Wages between Smokers and Non-smokers in Russia," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 6(2), pages 60-80.
- Heineck, Guido & Schwarze, Johannes, 2003. "Substance Use and Earnings: The Case of Smokers in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 743, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joseph G. Hirschberg & Jenny N. Lye, 2004. "Inferences for the Extremum of Quadratic Regression Models," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 906, The University of Melbourne.
- Lixin Cai, 2009. "Effects of Health on Wages of Australian Men," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 85(270), pages 290-306, September.
More about this item
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- I19 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:36:y:2004:i:16:p:1807-1817. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.