More Bad News for Smokers? The Effects of Cigarette Smoking on Wages
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ehbiol:v:29:y:2018:i:c:p:31-41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eiji Yamamura, 2016.
"Smokers’ Preference for Divorce and Extramarital Sex,"
Journal of Economics and Econometrics,
Economics and Econometrics Society, vol. 59(2), pages 44-76.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2012. "Smokers’ Preference for Divorce and Extramarital Sex," MPRA Paper 40922, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2016. "Smokers’ Preference for Divorce and Extramarital Sex," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2016/05, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bengtsson, Tommy & Nilsson, Anton, 2016. "Smoking Behaviour and Early Retirement Due to Chronic Disability," IZA Discussion Papers 9881, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert Kaestner & Kevin Callison, 2011.
"Adolescent Cognitive and Noncognitive Correlates of Adult Health,"
Journal of Human Capital,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(1), pages 29-69.
- Robert Kaestner, 2009. "Adolescent Cognitive and Non-cognitive Correlates of Adult Health," NBER Working Papers 14924, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ceren Ertan Yörük & Barş K. Yörük, 2016.
"Do Minimum Legal Tobacco Purchase Age Laws Work?,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 415-429, July.
- Ceren Ertan Yoruk & Baris Yoruk, 2013. "Do minimum legal tobacco purchase age laws work?," Discussion Papers 13-06, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Ceren Ertan Yörük & Baris K. Yörük, 2014. "Do Minimum Legal Tobacco Purchase Age Laws Work?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4860, CESifo Group Munich.
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2018. "Smoking, Obesity, and Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from Japan," Discussion papers 18023, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Y.L. Lee, 1999. "Wage Effects of Drinking and Smoking: An analysis using Australian twins data," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 99-22, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Palali, Ali, 2015. "Early Smoking, Education, and Labor Market Performance," Discussion Paper 2015-033, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Donald S. Kenkel & Ping Wang, 1999. "Are Alcoholics in Bad Jobs?," NBER Chapters,in: The Economic Analysis of Substance Use and Abuse: An Integration of Econometrics and Behavioral Economic Research, pages 251-278 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Schunk, 2007.
"A Markov Chain Monte Carlo Multiple Imputation Procedure for Dealing with Item Nonresponse in the German SAVE Survey,"
MEA discussion paper series
07121, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Schunk, Daniel, 2007. "A Markov Chain Monte Carlo multiple imputation procedure for dealing with item nonresponse in the German SAVE survey," Papers 07-06, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Schunk, Daniel, 2007. "A Markov Chain Monte Carlo Multiple Imputation Procedure for Dealing with Item Nonresponse in the German SAVE Survey," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 07-06, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Brune, Lasse F., 2007. "The smoker's wage penalty puzzle: evidence from Britain," ISER Working Paper Series 2007-31, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Shantanu Bagchi & James Feigenbaum, 2014.
"Is Smoking a Fiscal Good?,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 17(1), pages 170-190, January.
- Shantanu Bagchi & James Feigenbaum, 2013. "Code and data files for "Is Smoking a Fiscal Good?"," Computer Codes 11-207, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Tao Gong, 2009. "Do Parental Transfers Reduce Youths' Incentives to Work?," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 23(4), pages 653-676, December.
- Donata Bessey & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2009. "Marijuana Consumption, Educational Outcomes and Labor Market Success: Evidence from Switzerland," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0043, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:149:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s10551-016-3101-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tinna Laufey Ásgeirsdóttir & Harpa H. Berndsen & Bryndís Þ. Guðmundsdóttir & Bryndís A. Gunnarsdóttir & Hugrún J. Halldórsdóttir, 2016. "The effect of obesity, alcohol misuse and smoking on employment and hours worked: evidence from the Icelandic economic collapse," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 313-335, June.
- Anna Baranowska-Rataj & Anna Matysiak, 2016.
"The Causal Effects of the Number of Children on Female Employment - Do European Institutional and Gender Conditions Matter?,"
Journal of Labor Research,
Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 343-367, September.
- Anna Baranowska-Rataj & Anna Matysiak, 2014. "The causal effects of the number of children on female employment-do European institutional and gender conditions matter?," Working Papers 64, Institute of Statistics and Demography, Warsaw School of Economics.
- Stephan L. Thomsen, 2009.
"Explaining the Employability Gap of Short-Term and Long-Term Unemployed Persons,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(3), pages 448-478, August.
- Thomsen, Stephan L., 2008. "Explaining the Employability Gap of Short-term and Long-term Unemployed Persons," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-062, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Stephan L. Thomsen, 2008. "Explaining the Employability Gap of Short-term and Long-term Unemployed Persons," FEMM Working Papers 08018, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Jan (J.C.) van Ours & Ali Palali, 2017. "The Impact of Tobacco Control Policies on Smoking Initiation in Europe," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 17-074/V, Tinbergen Institute.
- Eric A. BONDZIE, 2016.
"Effect of Smoking and other Economic Variables on Wages in the Euro Area,"
Journal of Economics Bibliography,
KSP Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 38-52, March.
- Bondzie, Eric Amoo, 2016. "Effect of smoking and other economic variables on wages in the Euro Area," MPRA Paper 69230, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Palali, Ali, 2017. "Early smoking, education, and labor market performance," Other publications TiSEM a3763677-b112-4fea-a9f3-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Larose, Samantha L. & Kpelitse, Koffi A. & Campbell, M. Karen & Zaric, Gregory S. & Sarma, Sisira, 2016. "Does obesity influence labour market outcomes among working-age adults? Evidence from Canadian longitudinal data," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 26-41.
- repec:kap:decono:v:165:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10645-017-9290-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Barnes Michael G & Smith Trenton G., 2009. "Tobacco Use as Response to Economic Insecurity: Evidence from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-29, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:ilrrev:v:50:y:1997:i:3:p:493-509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SAGE Publications). General contact details of provider: http://www.ilr.cornell.edu .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.