Spatial and Inter-temporal Sources of Poverty, Inequality and Gender Disparities in Cameroon: a Regression-Based Decomposition Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Datt, Gaurav & Jolliffe, Dean, 2005. "Poverty in Egypt: Modeling and Policy Simulations," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(2), pages 327-346, January.
- Celestin Chameni Nembua, 2006. "A note on the decomposition of the coefficient of variation squared: comparing entropy and Dagum's methods," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(8), pages 1-8.
- Mitrakos Theodore, 2008. "Child Poverty: Recent Developments and Determinants," Economic Bulletin, Bank of Greece, issue 30, pages 57-85, May.
- François Bourguignon & Francisco Ferreira & Phillippe Leite, 2008.
"Beyond Oaxaca–Blinder: Accounting for differences in household income distributions,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 6(2), pages 117-148, June.
- François Bourguignon & Ferreira Francisco H. G. & Philippe G. Leite, 2008. "Beyond Oaxaca-Blinder: Accounting for differences in household income distributions," Post-Print halshs-00754283, HAL.
- Glewwe, Paul, 1991.
"Investigating the determinants of household welfare in Cote d'Ivoire,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 307-337, April.
- Glewwe, P., 1990. "Investigating The Determinants Of Household Welfare In Cote D'Ivoire," Papers 71, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- M. Fafchamps & A. R. Quisumbing, 2002.
"Control and Ownership of Assets Within Rural Ethiopian Households,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(6), pages 47-82.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Agnes Quisumbing, 2000. "Control and ownership of assets within rural Ethiopian households," CSAE Working Paper Series 2000-27, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2001. "Control and ownership of assets within rural Ethiopian households," FCND discussion papers 120, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2001. "Control and ownership of assets within rural Ethiopian households," FCND briefs 120, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jonathan Morduch & Terry Sicular, 2002.
"Rethinking Inequality Decomposition, With Evidence from Rural China,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(476), pages 93-106, January.
- Jonathan Morduch & Terry Sicular, 1998. "Rethinking Inequality Decomposition, with Evidence from Rural China," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1831, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Geda, A. & de Jong, N. & Mwabu, G. & Kimenyi, M.S., 2001.
"Determinants of poverty in Kenya : a household level analysis,"
ISS Working Papers - General Series
19095, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Alemayehu Geda & Niek de Jong & Mwangi S. Kimenyi & Germano Mwabu, 2005. "Determinants of Poverty in Kenya: A Household Level Analysis," Working papers 2005-44, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2004. "A Review of Decomposition of Income Inequality," IZA Discussion Papers 1221, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- van de Walle, Dominique & Gunewardena, Dileni, 2001. "Sources of ethnic inequality in Viet Nam," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 177-207, June.
- Debra Shepherd, 2008. "Post-Apartheid Trends in Gender Discrimination in South Africa: Analysis through Decomposition Techniques," Working Papers 06/2008, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2006:i:8:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria Ana Lugo, 2005. "Comparing Multidimensional Indices of Inequality: methods and application," Working Papers 14, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Christophe Nordman & Anne-Sophie Robilliard & François Roubaud, 2009. "Decomposing Gender and Ethnic Earnings Gaps in Seven West African Cities," Working Papers DT/2009/07, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Ahuja, Vinod & Filmer, Deon, 1995. "Educational attainments in developing countries : new estimates and projections disaggregated by gender," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1489, The World Bank.
- Michael Greenacre, 2008. "Correspondence analysis of raw data," Economics Working Papers 1112, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2009.
- Andrew Mckay, 1997. "Poverty Reduction Through Economic Growth: Some Issues," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(4), pages 665-673.
- Rashid Amjad & A.R. Kemal, 1997. "Macroeconomic Policies and their Impact on Poverty Alleviation in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 36(1), pages 39-68.
More about this item
KeywordsRegression-based decomposition; Poverty; Inequality; Gender and Oaxaca-Blinder decomposition.;
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- D39 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-10-15 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2011-10-15 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lvl:pmmacr:2011-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Paradis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdvlvca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.