Nonagricultural Employment Determinants and Income Inequality Decomposition
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Xiaoyun Liu & Terry Sicular, 2008. "Non-agricultural Employment Determinants and Income Inequality Decomposition," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20086, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christofides, Louis N. & Pashardes, Panos, 2002. "Self/paid-employment, public/private sector selection, and wage differentials," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 737-762, December.
- Du, Yang & Park, Albert & Wang, Sangui, 2005. "Migration and rural poverty in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 688-709, December.
- Zhang, Linxiu & Rozelle, Scott & Huang, Jikun, 2001. "Off-Farm Jobs and On-Farm Work in Periods of Boom and Bust in Rural China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 505-526, September.
- Jonathan Morduch & Terry Sicular, 2002.
"Rethinking Inequality Decomposition, With Evidence from Rural China,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(476), pages 93-106, January.
- Jonathan Morduch & Terry Sicular, 1998. "Rethinking Inequality Decomposition, with Evidence from Rural China," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1831, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Puhani, Patrick A, 2000. " The Heckman Correction for Sample Selection and Its Critique," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 53-68, February.
- Benjamin, Dwayne & Brandt, Loren & Giles, John, 2005.
"The Evolution of Income Inequality in Rural China,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(4), pages 769-824, July.
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt & John Giles, 2003. "The Evolution of Income Inequality in Rural China," Working Papers benjamin-04-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt & John Giles, 2004. "The Evolution of Income Inequality in Rural China," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-654, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- meng, xin & wu, harry, 1994.
"Household Income Determination and Regional Income Differential in Rural China,"
1345, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xin Meng & Harry X Wu, 1995. "Household Income Determination and Regional Income Differential in Rural China," Chinese Economies Research Centre (CERC) Working Papers 1995-04, University of Adelaide, Chinese Economies Research Centre.
- de Brauw, Alan & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott & Zhang, Linxiu & Zhang, Yigang, 2002.
"The Evolution of China's Rural Labor Markets During the Reforms,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 329-353, June.
- de Brauw, Alan & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott & Zhang, Linxiu & Zhang, Yigang, 2002. "The Evolution Of China'S Rural Labor Markets During The Reforms," Working Papers 11984, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Adams, Richard H., 2001. "Nonfarm income, inequality, and poverty in rural Egypt and Jordan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2572, The World Bank.
- John Knight & Lina Song, 2003. "Chinese Peasant Choices: Migration, Rural Industry or Farming," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(2), pages 123-148.
- Kai-yuen, Tsui, 1998. "Trends and Inequalities of Rural Welfare in China: Evidence from Rural Households in Guangdong and Sichuan," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 783-804, December.
- Fields, Gary S & Yoo, Gyeongjoon, 2000. "Falling Labor Income Inequality in Korea's Economic Growth: Patterns and Underlying Causes," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 46(2), pages 139-159, June.
- Wan, Guanghua, 2004. "Accounting for income inequality in rural China: a regression-based approach," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 348-363, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- C. Duvivier & S. Li & M.-F. Renard, 2013.
"Are workers close to cities paid higher nonagricultural wages in rural China?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(30), pages 4308-4322, October.
- Chloé Duvivier & Mary-Françoise Renard & Shi Li, 2012. "Are workers close to cities paid higher non-agricultural wages in rural China?," Working Papers halshs-00673698, HAL.
- Chloé DUVIVIER & Mary-Françoise RENARD & Shi LI, 2012. "Are workers close to cities paid higher non-agricultural wages in rural China?," Working Papers 201205, CERDI.
- Chloé Duvivier & Shi Li & Mary-Françoise Renard, 2013. "Are workers close to cities paid higher nonagricultural wages in rural China?," Post-Print halshs-00819122, HAL.
- Iris Claus & Les Oxley & Chen Wang & Guanghua Wan & Dan Yang, 2014. "Income Inequality In The People'S Republic Of China: Trends, Determinants, And Proposed Remedies," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 686-708, September.
- Tsun Se Cheong & Yanrui Wu, 2013. "Globalization and Regional Inequality," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 13-10, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Julie A. Silva, 2013. "Rural Income Inequality in Mozambique: National Dynamics and Local Experiences?," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 43(1), pages 23-50, Summer.
More about this item
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J43 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Agricultural Labor Markets
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mes:chinec:v:42:y:2009:i:4:p:29-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/MCES20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.