How big should my store be? On the interplay between shelf-space, demand learning and assortment decisions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Ming-Hsien & Chen, Wen-Cher, 1999. "A study on shelf space allocation and management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 309-317, April.
- Hariga, Moncer A. & Al-Ahmari, Abdulrahman & Mohamed, Abdel-Rahman A., 2007. "A joint optimisation model for inventory replenishment, product assortment, shelf space and display area allocation decisions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(1), pages 239-251, August.
- Felipe Caro & Jérémie Gallien, 2007. "Dynamic Assortment with Demand Learning for Seasonal Consumer Goods," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(2), pages 276-292, February.
- Brezzi, Monica & Lai, Tze Leung, 2002. "Optimal learning and experimentation in bandit problems," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 87-108, November.
- Yücel, Eda & Karaesmen, Fikri & Salman, F. Sibel & Türkay, Metin, 2009. "Optimizing product assortment under customer-driven demand substitution," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 199(3), pages 759-768, December.
- Marcel Corstjens & Peter Doyle, 1981. "A Model for Optimizing Retail Space Allocations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(7), pages 822-833, July.
More about this item
Keywordsretailing; assortment planning; multi-armed bandit; store size;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- M11 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Production Management
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-07 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lms:mansci:mrg-0021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joern Meissner). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dmlanuk.html .