Problems with Regional Production Functions and Estimates of Agglomeration Economies: A Caveat Emptor for Regional Scientists
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Florax, Raymond & Folmer, Henk, 1992.
"Specification and estimation of spatial linear regression models : Monte Carlo evaluation of pre-test estimators,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 405-432, September.
- Florax, R. & Folmer, H., 1991. "Specification and Estimation of Spatial Linear Regression Models: Monte Carlo Evaluation of Pre-Test Estimator," Mansholt Working Papers 1991-4, Wageningen University, Mansholt Graduate School of Social Sciences.
- Guido Ascari & Valeria di Cosmo, 2005.
"Determinants of total factor productivity in the italian Regions,"
FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2005(2).
- Guido Ascari & Valeria Di Cosmo, 2005. "Determinants of Total Factor Productivity in the Italian Regions," Macroeconomics 0511009, EconWPA.
- Luisa Corrado & Bernard Fingleton, 2012.
"Where Is The Economics In Spatial Econometrics?,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 210-239, May.
- Luisa Corrado & Bernard Fingleton, 2011. "Where is the Economics in Spatial Econometrics?," SERC Discussion Papers 0071, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Luisa Corrado & Bernard Fingleton, 2011. "Where is the Economics in Spatial Econometrics?," Working Papers 1101, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Corrado, L. & Fingleton, B., 2011. "Where is the economics in spatial econometrics?," SIRE Discussion Papers 2011-02, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Corrado, Luisa & Fingleton, Bernard, 2011. "Where is the economics in spatial econometrics?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 33581, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hans-Friedrich Eckey & Reinhold Kosfeld & Matthias Türck, 2007.
"Regional Convergence in Germany: a Geographically Weighted Regression Approach,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 45-64.
- Hans-Friedrich Eckey & Reinhold Kosfeld & Matthias Turck, 2006. "Regional Convergence in Germany. A Geographically Weighted Regression Approach," ERSA conference papers ersa06p461, European Regional Science Association.
- Hoover,Kevin D., 2012. "Applied Intermediate Macroeconomics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521763882, April.
- John S. L. McCombie & Mark Roberts, 2007. "Returns To Scale And Regional Growth: The Static-Dynamic Verdoorn Law Paradox Revisited," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 179-208.
- Hoover,Kevin D., 2015. "Applied Intermediate Macroeconomics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107436824, April.
- Gasper A. Garofalo & Steven Yamarik, 2002. "Regional Convergence: Evidence From A New State-By-State Capital Stock Series," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 316-323, May.
- Nakamura, Ryohei, 1985. "Agglomeration economies in urban manufacturing industries: A case of Japanese cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 108-124, January.
- Mercedes Delgado & Michael E. Porter & Scott Stern, 2010. "Clusters and entrepreneurship," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 495-518, July.
- Mark Roberts & Mark Setterfield, 2010. "Endogenous Regional Growth: A Critical Survey," Chapters,in: Handbook of Alternative Theories of Economic Growth, chapter 21 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Asier Minondo, 2010. "Exports' Productivity and Growth across Spanish Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 569-577.
- E. H. Phelps Brown, 1957. "The Meaning of the Fitted Cobb-Douglas Function," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 71(4), pages 546-560.
- Roberto Esposti & Stefania Bussoletti, 2008. "Impact of Objective 1 Funds on Regional Growth Convergence in the European Union: A Panel-data Approach," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 159-173.
- Harris, Richard I D & Trainor, Mary, 1997. "Productivity Growth in the UK Regions, 1968-91," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 59(4), pages 485-509, November.
- O'Donnell, A T & Swales, J K, 1979. "Factor Substitution, the C.E.S. Production Function and U.K. Regional Economics," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(3), pages 460-476, November.
- J. S. L. McCombie, 1998. "'Are There Laws of Production': an assessment of the early criticisms of the," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 141-173.
- Vassilis Tselios, 2009. "Growth and Convergence in Income Per Capita and Income Inequality in the Regions of the EU," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 343-370.
More about this item
KeywordsAccounting Identity; Agglomeration Economies; Regional Aggregate Production Functions;
- B50 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - General
- O4 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2012-05-29 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-PKE-2012-05-29 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-URE-2012-05-29 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_725. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.