Credit sales and advance payments: substitutes or complements?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mateut, Simona & Zanchettin, Piercarlo, 2013. "Credit sales and advance payments: Substitutes or complements?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 173-176.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eck, Katharina & Engemann, Martina & Schnitzer, Monika, 2012.
"How Trade Credits Foster International Trade,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8954, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Katharina Eck & Martina Engemann & Monika Schnitzer, 2012. "How Trade Credits Foster International Trade," Working Papers 116, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Eck, Katharina & Engemann, Martina & Schnitzer, Monika, 2012. "How Trade Credits Foster International Trade," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 379, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- JaeBin Ahn & Mary Amiti & David E. Weinstein, 2011. "Trade Finance and the Great Trade Collapse," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 298-302, May.
- Smith, Janet Kiholm, 1987. " Trade Credit and Informational Asymmetry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(4), pages 863-872, September.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1997.
"Trade Credit: Theories and Evidence,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(3), pages 661-691.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, "undated". "Trade Credit: Theories and Evidence," CRSP working papers 322, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1996. "Trade Credit: Theories and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5602, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Pike & Nam Sang Cheng & Karen Cravens & Dawne Lamminmaki, 2005. "Trade Credit Terms: Asymmetric Information and Price Discrimination Evidence From Three Continents," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(5-6), pages 1197-1236.
- Greenaway, David & Guariglia, Alessandra & Kneller, Richard, 2007. "Financial factors and exporting decisions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 377-395, November.
- Bougheas, Spiros & Mateut, Simona & Mizen, Paul, 2009.
"Corporate trade credit and inventories: New evidence of a trade-off from accounts payable and receivable,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 300-307, February.
- Simona Mateut & Spiros Bougheas & Paul Mizen, "undated". "Corporate trade credit and inventories: New evidence of a tradeoff from accounts payable and receivable," Discussion Papers 08/09, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Mariassunta Giannetti & Mike Burkart & Tore Ellingsen, 2011.
"What You Sell Is What You Lend? Explaining Trade Credit Contracts,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(4), pages 1261-1298.
- Burkart, Mike & Ellingsen, Tore & Giannetti, Mariassunta, 2004. "What You Sell is What You Lend? Explaining Trade Credit Contracts," CEPR Discussion Papers 4823, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giannetti, Mariassunta & Burkart, Mike & Ellingsen, Tore, 2011. "What you sell is what you lend? Explaining trade credit contracts," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 69543, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Chee K. Ng & Janet Kiholm Smith & Richard L. Smith, 1999. "Evidence on the Determinants of Credit Terms Used in Interfirm Trade," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(3), pages 1109-1129, June.
- Arup Daripa & Jeffrey Nilsen, 2011. "Ensuring Sales: A Theory of Inter-firm Credit," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(1), pages 245-279, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mateut, Simona, 2014. "Reverse trade credit or default risk? Explaining the use of prepayments by firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 303-326.
- Kemal Turkcan, 2016.
"Evolving Patterns of Payment Methods in Turkish Foreign Trade,"
World Journal of Applied Economics,
WERI-World Economic Research Institute, vol. 2(1), pages 3-29, June.
- Turkcan, Kemal, 2015. "Evolving patterns of payment methods in Turkish foreign trade," MPRA Paper 65410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Katharina Eck & Martina Engemann & Monika Schnitzer, 2015. "How trade credits foster exporting," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 151(1), pages 73-101, February.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:197:y:2018:i:c:p:35-42 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordstrade credit; advance payment; signalling;
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2012-09-30 (Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2012-09-30 (Corporate Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lec:leecon:12/18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mrs. Alexandra Mazzuoccolo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deleiuk.html .