Allowing the Data to Speak Freely: The Macroeconometrics of the Cointegrated Vector Autoregression
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kevin D. Hoover & Soren Johansen & Katarina Juselius, 2008. "Allowing the Data to Speak Freely: The Macroeconometrics of the Cointegrated Vector Autoregression," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 251-255, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Franchi, Massimo & Jusélius, Katarina, 2007. "Taking a DSGE Model to the Data Meaningfully," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 1, pages 1-38.
- Hendry, David F., 1995. "Dynamic Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198283164.
- Ireland, Peter N., 2004.
"A method for taking models to the data,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1205-1226, March.
- Peter Ireland, 1999. "A Method for Taking Models to the Data," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1233, Society for Computational Economics.
- Peter N. Ireland, 1999. "A Method for Taking Models to the Data," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 421, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Peter N. Ireland, 1999. "A method for taking models to the data," Working Papers (Old Series) 9903, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Peter Ireland, 1999. "Matlab code for A Method for Taking Models to the Data," QM&RBC Codes 46, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Juselius, Katarina, 2006. "The Cointegrated VAR Model: Methodology and Applications," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199285679.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bjørnar Kivedal, 2014.
"A DSGE model with housing in the cointegrated VAR framework,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 853-880, November.
- Bjørnar Karlsen Kivedal, 2012. "A DSGE Model with Housing in the Cointegrated VAR Framework," Working Paper Series 12712, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Møller, Niels Framroze, 2008.
"Bridging Economic Theory Models and the Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Model,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 2, pages 1-29.
- Møller, Niels Framroze, 2008. "Bridging Economic Theory Models and the Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Model," Economics Discussion Papers 2008-21, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Lahura, Erick, 2017. "El efecto traspaso de la tasa de interés de política monetaria en Perú: evidencia reciente," Revista Estudios Económicos, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, issue 33, pages 9-27.
- Katarina Juselius, 2021.
"Searching for a Theory That Fits the Data: A Personal Research Odyssey,"
Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-27, February.
- Katarina Juselius, 2018. "Searching for a theory that fits the data: A personal research odyssey," Discussion Papers 18-07, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- David F. Hendry, 2020. "A Short History of Macro-econometric Modelling," Economics Papers 2020-W01, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Santos, João & Domingos, Tiago & Sousa, Tânia & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2016. "Does a small cost share reflect a negligible role for energy in economic production? Testing for aggregate production functions including capital, labor, and useful exergy through a cointegration-base," MPRA Paper 70850, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dutrénit, Gabriela & Natera, José Miguel & Puchet Anyul, Martín & Vera-Cruz, Alexandre O., 2019. "Development profiles and accumulation of technological capabilities in Latin America," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 396-412.
- Julio Lopez G. & Armando Sanchez V., 2000. "Private savings and financial modernization in Mexico, 1988-95," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(214), pages 317-339.
- Dierk Herzer, 2017. "Refugee Immigration and Total Factor Productivity," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 390-414, July.
- Cavaliere, Giuseppe & Fanelli, Luca & Gardini, Attilio, 2006. "Regional consumption dynamics and risk sharing in Italy," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 525-542.
- Pretis, Felix, 2020. "Econometric modelling of climate systems: The equivalence of energy balance models and cointegrated vector autoregressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 214(1), pages 256-273.
- Jose Perez-Montiel & Carles Manera Erbina, 2019. "Investment Sustained by Consumption: A Linear and Nonlinear Time Series Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(16), pages 1-15, August.
- John T. Cuddington and Leila Dagher, 2015. "Estimating Short and Long-Run Demand Elasticities: A Primer with Energy-Sector Applications," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Dierk Herzer, 2017.
"The Long-run Relationship Between Trade and Population Health: Evidence from Five Decades,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 462-487, February.
- Herzer, Dierk, 2014. "The long-run relationship between trade and population health: evidence from five decades," VfS Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100441, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Oleg Deev & Martin Hodula, 2016.
"Sovereign default risk and state-owned bank fragility in emerging markets: evidence from China and Russia,"
Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 232-248, April.
- Deev, Oleg & Hodula, Martin, 2014. "Sovereign Default Risk and State-Owned Bank Fragility in Emerging Markets," MPRA Paper 62539, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kentaro Kawasaki & Zhi-Qian Wang, 2015.
"Is Economic Development Promoting Monetary Integration in East Asia?,"
International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(4), pages 1-31, October.
- KAWASAKI Kentaro & WANG Zhiqian, 2015. "Is Economic Development Promoting Monetary Integration in East Asia?," Discussion papers 15052, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- María Lorena Marí Del Cristo & Marta Gómez-Puig, 2013. "Fiscal dynamics in a dollarized, oil-exporting country: Ecuador," Working Papers 13-06, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- David F. Hendry & Grayham E. Mizon, 2016. "Improving the teaching of econometrics," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 1170096-117, December.
- Marotta, Giuseppe, 2009.
"Structural breaks in the lending interest rate pass-through and the euro,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 191-205, January.
- Giuseppe Marotta, 2008. "Structural breaks in the lending interest rate pass-through and the euro," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 08031, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Kapetanios, George & Millard, Stephen & Price, Simon & Petrova, Katerina, 2018.
"Time varying cointegration and the UK Great Ratios,"
Essex Finance Centre Working Papers
23320, University of Essex, Essex Business School.
- Kapetanios, George & Millard, Stephen & Petrova, Katerina & Price, Simon, 2019. "Time-varying cointegration and the UK great ratios," Bank of England working papers 789, Bank of England.
- George Kapetanios & Stephen Millard & Katerina Petrova & Simon Price, 2018. "Time varying cointegration and the UK great ratios," CAMA Working Papers 2018-53, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
More about this item
Keywordscointegrated VAR; stochastic trends; Purchasing Power Parity;
All these keywords.
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kud:kuiedp:0735. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/okokudk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.