Weakening the SALANT-condition for the comparison of mean durations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Beach & S. F. Kaliski, 1983. "Measuring the Duration of Unemployment from Gross Flow Data," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(2), pages 258-263, May.
- Miles Corak & Andrew Heisz, 1996.
"Alternative Measures Of The Average Duration Of Unemployment,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 42(1), pages 63-74, March.
- Heisz, Andrew & Corak, Miles, 1995. "Alternative Measures of the Average Duration of Unemployment," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1995083e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Jones, Stephen R G & Riddell, W Craig, 1995. "The Measurement of Labor Force Dynamics with Longitudinal Data: The Labour Market Activity Survey Filter," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(2), pages 351-385, April.
- Riese, Martin, 1987. "An Extension of the Lorenz-Diagram with Special Reference to Survival Analysis," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 49(2), pages 245-250, May.
- Miles Corak, 1996. "Measuring the Duration of Unemployment Spells," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(s1), pages 43-49, April.
- Stephen W. Salant, 1977.
"Search Theory and Duration Data: A Theory of Sorts,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(1), pages 39-57.
- Stephen W. Salant, 1974. "Search theory and duration data: a theory of sorts," Special Studies Papers 42, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
Keywordsduration of unemployment; length-bias; interruption bias: coefficient of variation; Gini-index;
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jku:econwp:2000_28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (René Böheim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vlinzat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.