Bayesian Inference for Duration Data with Unobserved and Unknown Heterogeneity: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1990. "Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment Spells," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(4), pages 757-782, July.
- Chamberlain, Gary & Imbens, Guido W, 2003.
"Nonparametric Applications of Bayesian Inference,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 21(1), pages 12-18, January.
- Imbens, Guido & Chamberlain, Gary, 1996. "Nonparametric Applications of Bayesian Inference," Scholarly Articles 3221493, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Gary Chamberlain & Guido W. Imbens, 1996. "Nonparametric Applications of Bayesian Inference," NBER Technical Working Papers 0200, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Chamberlain & Guido W. Imbens, 1996. "Nonparametric Applications of Bayesian Inference," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1772, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Keisuke Hirano, 2002. "Semiparametric Bayesian Inference in Autoregressive Panel Data Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(2), pages 781-799, March.
- Ham, John C & LaLonde, Robert J, 1996. "The Effect of Sample Selection and Initial Conditions in Duration Models: Evidence from Experimental Data on Training," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(1), pages 175-205, January.
- Ham, John C & Rea, Samuel A, Jr, 1987.
"Unemployment Insurance and Male Unemployment Duration in Canada,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(3), pages 325-353, July.
- John C. Ham & Samuel A. Rea, 1986. "Unemployment Insurance and Male Unemployment Duration in Canada," Working Papers 592, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Mark Dynarski & Steven M. Sheffrin, 1987. "Consumption and Unemployment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(2), pages 411-428.
- Michele Campolieti, 2001. "Bayesian semiparametric estimation of discrete duration models: an application of the dirichlet process prior," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 1-22.
- Blank, Rebecca M., 1989. "Analyzing the length of welfare spells," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 245-273, August.
- Ruggiero, Michele, 1994. "Bayesian semiparametric estimation of proportional hazards models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 277-300, June.
More about this item
Keywordsduration data; Dirichlet process; Bayesian inference; Markov chain Monte Carlo simulation;
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp996. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .