Brain Drain, Educational Quality and Immigration Policy: Impact on Productive Human Capital in Source and Host Countries, with Canada as a Case Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Simon Commander & Mari Kangasniemi & L. Alan Winters, 2004. "The Brain Drain: Curse or Boon? A Survey of the Literature," NBER Chapters,in: Challenges to Globalization: Analyzing the Economics, pages 235-278 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abdurrahman Aydemir, 2011.
"Immigrant selection and short-term labor market outcomes by visa category,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(2), pages 451-475, April.
- Aydemir, Abdurrahman, 2010. "Immigrant Selection and Short-Term Labour Market Outcomes by Visa Category," IZA Discussion Papers 4966, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michel Beine & Fréderic Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2008.
"Brain Drain and Human Capital Formation in Developing Countries: Winners and Losers,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 631-652, April.
- Michel, BEINE & Frédéric, DOCQUIER & Hillel, RAPOPORT, 2006. "Brain drain and human capital formation in developing countries : winners and losers," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2006023, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2008. "Brain drain and human capital formation in developing countries: winners and losers?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10415, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Alan G. Green & David A. Green, 1995. "Canadian Immigration Policy: The Effectiveness of the Point System and Other Instruments," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(4b), pages 1006-1041, November.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2010:i:97-98:p:01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hubert Jayet & Hillel Rapoport, 2010. "Migration and Development: New Insights," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 97-98, pages 5-12.
- Serge Coulombe & Gilles Grenier & Serge Nadeau, 2012. "Human Capital Quality and the Immigrant Wage Gap," Working Papers 1212E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordspoints system; country-preference system; education quantity-quality system; Canadian immigration policy; human capital impact;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2014-03-01 (Education)
- NEP-INT-2014-03-01 (International Trade)
- NEP-MIG-2014-03-01 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp7955. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .