Money on the Table? Firms' and Workers' Gains from Productivity Spillovers through Worker Mobility
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Cornelissen, 2008. "The Stata command felsdvreg to fit a linear model with two high-dimensional fixed effects," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(2), pages 170-189, June.
- Ragnhild Balsvik, 2011. "Is Labor Mobility a Channel for Spillovers from Multinationals? Evidence from Norwegian Manufacturing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(1), pages 285-297, February.
- Fosfuri, Andrea & Motta, Massimo & Ronde, Thomas, 2001.
"Foreign direct investment and spillovers through workers' mobility,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 205-222, February.
- Andrea Fosfuri & Massimo Motta & Thomas Ronde, 1998. "Foreign direct investments and spillovers through workers' mobility," Economics Working Papers 258, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Fosfuri, Andrea & Motta, Massimo & Rønde, Thomas, 1999. "Foreign Direct Investment and Spillovers through Workers' Mobility," CEPR Discussion Papers 2194, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Smith, Jennifer C, 1996.
"Wage Interactions: Comparisons or Fall-Back Options?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 495-506, March.
- Jennifer Smith, 1995. "Wage Interactions: Comparisons or Fall-back Options?," Bank of England working papers 37, Bank of England.
- Hanna Pesola, 2011. "Labour Mobility and Returns to Experience in Foreign Firms," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 113(3), pages 637-664, September.
- Jasjit Singh & Ajay Agrawal, 2011.
"Recruiting for Ideas: How Firms Exploit the Prior Inventions of New Hires,"
INFORMS, vol. 57(1), pages 129-150, January.
- Jasjit Singh & Ajay K. Agrawal, 2010. "Recruiting for Ideas: How Firms Exploit the Prior Inventions of New Hires," NBER Working Papers 15869, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2016.
"Spillovers from Foreign Firms through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: MULTINATIONAL ENTERPRISES AND HOST COUNTRY DEVELOPMENT, chapter 13, pages 243-259
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2005. "Spillovers from Foreign Firms through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 107(4), pages 693-709, December.
- Görg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2002. "Spillovers From Foreign Firms Through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation," IZA Discussion Papers 591, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gorg, Holger & Eric Strobl, 2003. "Spillovers from foreign firms through worker mobility: An empirical investigation," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 89, Royal Economic Society.
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2004. "Spillovers from Foreign Firms through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 463, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Markusen, James R. & Trofimenko, Natalia, 2009.
"Teaching locals new tricks: Foreign experts as a channel of knowledge transfers,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 120-131, January.
- James R. Markusen & Natalia Trofimenko, 2007. "Teaching Locals New Tricks: Foreign Experts as a Channel of Knowledge Transfers," NBER Working Papers 12872, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markusen, James R. & Trofimenko, Natalia, 2007. "Teaching locals new tricks: foreign experts as a channel of knowledge transfer," CEPR Discussion Papers 6118, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jennifer P. Poole, 2013. "Knowledge Transfers from Multinational to Domestic Firms: Evidence from Worker Mobility," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 95(2), pages 393-406, May.
- Dasgupta, Kunal, 2012.
"Learning and knowledge diffusion in a global economy,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 323-336.
- Kunal Dasgupta, 2010. "Learning and Knowledge Diffusion in a Global Economy," Working Papers tecipa-410, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Òscar Jordà, 2005. "Estimation and Inference of Impulse Responses by Local Projections," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(1), pages 161-182, March.
- Paul Almeida & Bruce Kogut, 1999. "Localization of Knowledge and the Mobility of Engineers in Regional Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(7), pages 905-917, July.
- Andrey Stoyanov & Nikolay Zubanov, 2012. "Productivity Spillovers across Firms through Worker Mobility," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 168-198, April.
- Pierpaolo Parrotta & Dario Pozzoli, 2012.
"The effect of learning by hiring on productivity,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 43(1), pages 167-185, March.
- Parrotta, Pierpaolo & Pozzoli, Daio, 2009. "The Effect of Learning by Hiring on Productivity," Working Papers 09-11, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Pierpaolo Parrotta & Dario Pozzoli, 2012. "The Effect of Learning by Hiring on Productivity," Post-Print hal-01514786, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordsmatched employer-employee data; productivity spillovers; worker mobility; wages;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2013-11-02 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HRM-2013-11-02 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2013-11-02 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2013-11-02 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp7702. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.